Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pixley39

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

My Roku remote volume stopped working as well. I have three Roku remotes and all three volumes stopped working. here is the information requested:

Issue ID: 07-200187

Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra

Serial #: YJ00DG238407 (KW99D238407)

Software Version: 10.0.0 Build 4195-46

0 Kudos
mcg1999

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: 4670RW

software: 10.0.0 build 4195-46

issue ID  87-200-217

Samsung: UN55KS8500

loss of volume up/down , mute  

0 Kudos
JCLloyd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra 2018, Model: 4660X

OS Version: 10.0.0 Build 4195-46 - Update 05/12/2021, 23:25 PT

Voice Remote Pro

Issue ID: 50-200-220

Volume & Mute stopped working about 3PM-PT, 05/19/2021.

0 Kudos
TOMMY314

Jump to solution

I have 3 roku 393OX models. I have a toshiba, LG, and Westinghouse model TVs. I have an android galaxy A10E and android galaxy A71 phones. I live in a rural area, so rather than use our satellite internet we cast from our 4g and 5g phones. Casting worked fine until the recent roku updates. Now the cast either freezes, had video but no audio, or audio and no video. Sometimes the cast will start but start acting up after a few minutes of casting. As someone who has invested in 3 devices this is very trusting and disappointing. Is there a troubleshooting solution or may I receive a manufactures refund in full?

0 Kudos
Pooky225

Jump to solution

Both our rokus lost complete usage tonight. WE have a Samsung smart tv, and a 30in Samsung smart tv. Would really like to watch tv please!! 

0 Kudos
Csc0328

Jump to solution

4660-X Roku Ultra

Samsung tv

ID 72-200-346

0 Kudos
jeriddles

Jump to solution

Still having an issue

Tv: Dynex brand

remote: voice remote 

issue ID 80-200-350

0 Kudos
Glb1945
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Supersonic SC-1511

Model YH0006686172

Software Version 10.0.0 Build 4195-50

Time Stamp 2021-05-20T03:42:072

Issue ID 72-200-382

hrhrbb@gmail.com

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Update 5/19/2021: Resolved

We released a software update today that we believe will fix the TV control issue for customers who lost TV power and volume functions after the latest update.

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue. Please perform a software update from your device using the instructions below.

Instructions to manually update your software:
1.  Navigate to Settings
2.  Select System
3.  Select System update
4.  Select Check now

Confirm the dialogue box to proceed with download and installation.  Note that your Roku player will automatically download the latest software the next time when it checks for an update. After the Roku player finishes restarting, your TV volume and power functions should be restored.

After the Roku player finishes restarting, if your TV control functions have not been restored, set up your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1.   Navigate to Settings
2.  Select Remotes & devices
3.  Select Remotes followed by your remote
4.  Select Set up remote for TV control

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your enhanced remote to control your TV.

We are going to lock this thread as we believe this issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing a loss of TV functions after performing the update, please click to the new thread here and let us know. 

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.