Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JP53

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I've read some of the responses and thought I'd share my experiences which turned out to be positive.

Background, I have four Roku Ultras, three wired and one wireless, connected to four separate Vizio TVs, all different models.  Three of the Ultras are model 4660x and one is a 4670.  The remotes for the 4660s are model RC345s and a model RC411 for the 4670.  All three RC345s are being identified as Gaming remotes while the RC411 is identified as an Enhanced Voice remote as it should.

I only lost volume control on all four remotes with the latest update, 10.0.0 Build 4195-46, this past week.  In Settings I went through the 'Setup up remote for TV control' and successfully restored the volume control function on all four remotes.  The three RC345s are still identified as Gaming remotes but as long as the volume control works it's not a big issue.

RockStarInLife
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Remote stoped controlling the volume after your dumb 10.0.0 update on both my TVs

Model 4660x Roku Ultra

Issue ID 73-194-157

TV TCL 55R625

Soundbar Sonos Playbar connected via optical cable.

All this worked for years prior to this lame update. Please rollback. I already tried the setting up new remote several times and restarts. Doesn’t work on both my TCL TVs.

Need fix fast because Sonos doesn’t have a remote and we can’t control TV volume without this working. Otherwise I gotta use my phone to control volume on multiple TVs which ain’t cool. You guys really messed up bad on this one. 

0 Kudos
Dittle48

Jump to solution

Absolutely it did. TV Volume and power worked perfectly until the update, and Re-running setup does nothing. Our Roku is a 4630X - Roku Premiere+, now running software version 10.0.0 - build 4195-29

Our TV is a Sharp Aquos 4K Smart TV. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

issue ID 55-194-176

0 Kudos
Maroy

Re: Roku streaming stick remote power on button does not work

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku sticks set up on 3 different TV’s & all of a sudden on 05/12/21 none of the remotes will turn tv on and the volume doesn’t not work on any of them. Have tried everything but still not working. Was there an update? Seems strange that all 3 go out on the same day without a reason. Or is the reason to buy new ones?

0 Kudos
Bmoney01

Jump to solution

Issue ID 16-194-200

0 Kudos
rigbert_93

Jump to solution

Where can devices and remotes…remotes be found.   Do not have that in settings.  

tadance

Jump to solution

Model:  3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial#:  YH0018450417 (C13921450417)

Software version:  10.0.0  Build: 4195-50

Timestamp:  202105-15T21:47:53Z

Issue ID:  17-194-267

The TV is a Samsung Model# UN65JU7500

Terry F

0 Kudos
JR209
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok. Well I just ordered a brand new voice remote from Amazon to see if that would work after the update, and NO! NEW REMOTES with new pairing ARE NOT WORKING EITHER. I will be returning this remote asap to Amazon as defective,  so Roku, you are hemorrhaging lots of money by not fixing this update screw up! Fix it. Roll back chumps.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine is the same on both TVs, remote worked fine but now will not controll TV Vol/mute - still turns TV on but not the Vol

0 Kudos