Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnt1
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku remote on one of my TVs lost TV on/off and volume control after the Roku software was updated 2 days ago.  I went through the process to re-set up the remote several times but it still will not control my TV.  Requested system info is provided below. The Roku remote operated the TV perfectly before the Roku update.

• Roku device model: 3810X Roku Streaming Stick +
  • TV make/model: Vizio P652ui-B2
  • NOTE: An external Polk speaker is connected to the TV via digital optical cable set up as PCM
  • Issue ID: 91-193-984

This is a big deal to me!  Please make it work.

Thanks,

John T

0 Kudos
JeanieH
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku device model 3800X
SN YF006S928516 (CT37C6928516)
Software ver 10.0.0 build 4195-55
Timestamp 2021-05-15T17:34:07Z

TV make/model Insignia NS-32D311NA15

Issue ID 16-194-014

0 Kudos
ktimbers
Reel Rookie

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

TV power and volume not working. I have tried all fixes on community pages.

Roku Ulta Model:  4600X2

Remote Model:  RC193

TV Brand:  Westinghouse

Update:  10.0.0  Build: 4195-46

Issue ID:  83-194-015

Serial No: YJ0075108283

Device ID: CK3867108283

0 Kudos
Spiz24

Jump to solution

Reset Remote to TV but it did not solve the issue.  Volume controls still do not work:

Roku Voice Remote:  Model RC150
Roku Streaming Stick+  Model 3810X
Issue ID: 89-194-032
TV:  Panasonic Model TC-37LZ85

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hisense TV power and volume stopped working with the Roku remote. I don’t have the time to check the model number etc just fix the problem please. 

Generic_Member
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I know where the settings are, how do you think I found it's reporting a gaming remote not a voice remote? A gaming remote does not have a volume control, so if these are being mis-configured as gaming remotes, you won't have any volume control.

You cannot add the remote as a new device.  There is no option to remove the old remote, so because the old remote has already been "found" there is no new device to add and the ROKU will just keep searching for a "New" device.

We could all do complete resets, but picking up the TV remote is a lot less of a PITA.

0 Kudos
LYork

Jump to solution

My Roku remotes lost all function yesterday (May 14) afternoon.  Volume control went out first.  Then the Power button.  Then all buttons just within a few minutes.  Nothing works on the remote.  Can’t navigate to Settings to change anything. Happened with 2 streaming sticks on 2 TV”s at the same time.  Serial numbers:  YHOOAT151473 and YHOO76703334.  What can I do?  One very dissatisfied customer.

0 Kudos
vann44nn

Jump to solution

ALL ROKU REMOTES LOST ABILITY TO CONTROL VOLUME ONLY AFTER LAST UPDATE (05/13/2021 2009 DST)

TV:  Pioneer Elite

Roku:

• Model 3810X Streaming Stick+
  • S/N YH00CY321363 (C1391C321363)
  • Software version:  10.0.0   build 4195-50
  • Timestamp:  2021-05-15T19:17:24Z

Issue ID:  63-194-117

0 Kudos
cmm004

Jump to solution

Maybe this is worth trying. I have 3 TVs with Streaming Sticks that were working fine until the last update - 10.0.0 - 4195-55. The Vizio TV volume still works after the upgrade, but both the Insignia and Dynex TVs (Best Buy Brands) volume on the remotes no longer worked.

The volume on the remote for the Insignia worked after re-pairing, but the Dynex went through all of the codes without the music muting. After trying the re-pairing a couple more times, I noticed that the TV sometimes showed a pop-up that said "Muting" even though the music was still playing.

I tried re-pairing again and when the TV showed "Muting" I answered that the music had stopped, even though it was still playing. The volume button then worked.

YMMV, but it's worth a go.

aw1115

Jump to solution

Model: 3811X

Serial: 253982644908

Issue ID: 08-194-159

TV: Vizio E390-B1E

0 Kudos