Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbre
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

@Pinkpanther28 wrote:

I too lost tv power & volume control after 10 update on both my tv’s roku 4 and ultimate both tv’s are sharp. After a week and trying everything new hdmi cables and dozens of remote setups I finally got it to work again. During remote set up after selecting my tv brand “sharp” it woukd ask me if i heard music? After clicking yes it would ask me again if i heard music? I clicked yes it then said unfortunately it does not look like you tv is compatible and close the setup process.  Then I selected I had a samsung tv. It asked me 7 times if i heard music, on the 8th time the music did stop and I clicked no. It then said congratulations and process closed out. The remotes and roku both tv’s now work great after selecting the wrong  tv brand. Out of curiosity I tried tonight to program remote selecting my actual tv brand but again it only tried  2 codes and gives up, failed.  Selecting wrong brand of tv it again tried more codes before success.   To me it seems the update messed up the tv code list, now incomplete.  Selecting a different major tv maker other than my actual brand seems to of fixed it for me. 

This works for me too!! Selected Samsung and the 8th code worked for my sharp TV, thank you!

AlexGreat
Channel Surfer

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I have LG, and tested with samsung, sony, vizio, and nothing worked

Jm91rs

Jump to solution

Any updates to this? I have 2 rokus that no longer control TV volume. I tried setting up the remote as new and it says the current remote does not support tv control, but it worked last week.

Pb47

Jump to solution

Model 3921rw

Serial YH0037034484

SOFTWARE 10.0.0

ISSUE ID 84-178-817

PHILLIPS TV 

MODEL 47PFL3603D/27

0 Kudos
bydh3r54qv

Jump to solution

This happened to me, but it actually happens regularly.  The remote keeps losing TV power control programming.  I have a TCL but when detecting my TV, it keeps thinking it's a BOLVA brand.   I have to manually program it as a TCL but then the remote loses programming whenever there's a system update.  Super annoying!

Roku: Streambar 9102R

TV: TCL 65S434

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, my remote lost TV control.

My TV model is Samsung UN55C9000

My Roku Model is 3810X Roku Streaming Stick +

My issue ID is 59-179-834

0 Kudos
antartica

Jump to solution

Model RC404

• TCL-ROKU TV 514X
  • I swapped batteries and all of a sudden it is working? 
0 Kudos
Curtislav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Any update on this? It has been 2 weeks at least. I am disappointed in the way Roku is handling this. Update 10 globally broke remote tv controls. Please push a fix or roll it back to version 9 until it is resolved. This is unacceptable. 

AudreyAD1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree! I keep expecting some answer and fix to the problem.  

mrcontours

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Stream Bar (the small version of the sound bar). I believe I have the more advanced remote that came with the device. The Roku Stream Bar has been in use for several months with no issues.

The latest update to the Roku system, is when I have been experiencing the problem with the remote.
I can not turn my Samsung TV on or off anymore with the Roku Remote. (Red button).
I tried resetting up my Roku remote, under the systems tab, it this does work. I typed in the name of my TV, which is a Samsung, but it does not allow to enter it or it doesn't recognize any entries. When ever I go through this remote procedure, the Roku Remote doesn't work at all. I then have to push the reset button on the the Roku Stream bar to get it back.

I can however turn my Samsung TV on or off using the Roku Voice button on the remote, say "Turn of the TV / Turn on the TV". The remote red button does not work , to turn the TV on or off. Please update the software to repair this problem ASAP please.  Looks like the Red button on the remote was disabled in the latest update.

Thanks

0 Kudos