Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmobreaker
Binge Watcher

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

MEMTV, Here's a silly question: did you hold the voice button down the entire time you were speaking? Did you get a pop up window (mine is in the upper right corner of the TV display) that complains that it could not understand you? There should also be a chime sound when you push and hold the voice button.

Next, go to Settings, then Remotes & Devices, then Remotes. There will be a list of all your attached devices. Do you see "Voice Remote"? The first time I paired my voice remote, it showed up as an ordinary remote. I had to remove it and re-pair.

0 Kudos
GGirl10

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra 4660x

Sony Bravia/KDL55HX800

Issue ID  99-175-406

Have no volume control.

0 Kudos
FW1

Jump to solution

yes

roku model 3800x

Vizio TV

Issue ID 35-175-473

@RokuDanny-R wrote:
Hello Roku Community members!

We are aware that a subset of users may have lost TV power and volume  functions on their remote after the latest OS 10.0 update. Some customers impacted have the following remotes:
  • Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote
Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Sherrelle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 3800x

Serial number-YF0010034060 (Ct3861034060)

Software 10.0.0 guild 4185-55

Issue is 60-175-759

Magnavox TV. Volume stopped working

0 Kudos
AlexGreat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model 4660X - ROKU Ultra

SW 10.0.0 Build 4185-46

LG 55LM6400-UA

Issue ID 94-175-820

0 Kudos
Mikalou
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model #3930RW

Serial # X004003SPW7R 

Software version 10.0.0 

Issue ID 7R-177-153

Phillips Smart TV 

Everything worked fine until the update. I can use all functions aside from volume control and mute. When I push any of this buttons in the top corner a box will appear with a purple circle and the number 100 next to it. 

0 Kudos
Pinkpanther28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too lost tv power & volume control after 10 update on both my tv’s roku 4 and ultimate both tv’s are sharp. After a week and trying everything new hdmi cables and dozens of remote setups I finally got it to work again. During remote set up after selecting my tv brand “sharp” it woukd ask me if i heard music? After clicking yes it would ask me again if i heard music? I clicked yes it then said unfortunately it does not look like you tv is compatible and close the setup process.  Then I selected I had a samsung tv. It asked me 7 times if i heard music, on the 8th time the music did stop and I clicked no. It then said congratulations and process closed out. The remotes and roku both tv’s now work great after selecting the wrong  tv brand. Out of curiosity I tried tonight to program remote selecting my actual tv brand but again it only tried  2 codes and gives up, failed.  Selecting wrong brand of tv it again tried more codes before success.   To me it seems the update messed up the tv code list, now incomplete.  Selecting a different major tv maker other than my actual brand seems to of fixed it for me. 

kimmyk56

Jump to solution

I went threw 2 packs of batteries before I realized it was a software failure

Remote Model # RC492

RokuModel #3810RW

Serial # YH001L32460

ISSUE ID: 20-177-941

TV RCA Model #LED46C45RQ

I went through all 50 remote codes manually with no success as well.

0 Kudos
Gizmobreaker
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi, Pinkpanther28. Interesting that you could select a brand of TV, at all. I cannot. The list is just empty; no brands, at all.

0 Kudos
Gizmobreaker
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey, Danny, I think that we need some sort of progress update.