Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinner_bone
Reel Rookie

Custom remotes__________________________________________________________

I would like to know if it’s possible to get a TV remote with with custom buttons specified to my preference I couldn’t find a customer service number to help me with the squirrel so I’m coming here to post my problem

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Custom remotes

No, Roku does not offer any sort of customized remotes. Unless you have a Roku Streaming Stick (any version of the Stick), you can use a universal IR remote that supports Roku players. However, don't expect to be able to program buttons to do something different than Roku programmed. You didn't state what specifically you'd like the customized buttons to do, but it's unlikely that you can program a button to open a specific channel, or perform some other specific function. Roku players don't support a large number of IR codes, and there's no way to add new ones or change existing ones. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Dinner_bone
Reel Rookie

Re: Custom remotes 123 456-789-1011 1213 1415 1617 1819 2021 2220 2425 2627

To go into specifics on what I wanted to customize I just didn’t want Hulu and sling as my bottom two buttons on my remote that came with the TV I prefer something like YouTube or Apple TV so basically custom hotkeys

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Custom remotes

Roku does sell the Voice Remote Pro that offers two user-programmable buttons that would do what you desire. But you can't alter the preprogrammed buttons on the remote, or any other Roku remote.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos