Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJRutledge

Control Supersonic TV power and volume

I have a SuperSonic SC-1511 TV and Roku Express 4K+.  The remote will not control the TV volume or on/off functions.  Supersonic is a listed brand in the Roku remote setup, but none of the codes worked to control the TV.  I looked at the suggestions on this forum (in this thread) and tried Toshiba, Sharp, and Haier brands.  None of the codes for these brands work for my TV, either.  So I appear to be stuck using two remotes (Roku and the TV's Supersonic remote).  I bought the Roku Express 4K+ thinking it would allow me to do everything with one remote (the Roku remote), but it doesn't.  Does anyone have a more recent solution that works for Roku and Supersonic?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Control Supersonic TV power and volume

Greetings @PJRutledge 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding pairing your Roku device remote to your TV.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight here as he's our resident Community remote Expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Universal remotes with oldest and largest library of codes are made by UEI, in the most recent models list three codes for Supersonic. Taking these codes, I have compiled a list of brands that also use each code. The codes themselves are worthless to the Roku remote, but try brands listed in the Roku remote:

Haier

Prima

Xiahua

Xoceco

Axeess

Qfx

QuantumFX

Naxa

Nimbro

Park

Viore

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SASSBS
Reel Rookie

No good... went through the whole batch... many were not recognized by Roku.

Will contact Supersonic.

0 Kudos