Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrewjb72516
Reel Rookie

Channel navigation still not working after 3 weeks

Jump to solution

Please tell me if there is a solution on the horizon for this issue a LOT of users are having.

We have two TV's with Roku Express 4K, on both TV's with 2 different remotes, the channel navigation quit working properly about 3 weeks ago. The left and right, up and down buttons are either very slow to react, or take off moving 2 places or much more in one jump. It is now getting to the point that some shows are impossible to get to since we can't get the cursor to stop on that show. 

Do we know if Roku is working on a software fix and how much longer do we need to wait?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel navigation still not working after 3 weeks

Jump to solution

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Andrewjb72516
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the help.

I know there are many other users that are having the same problem and I hope they see this post to perform a reset.

0 Kudos
Djr29

Jump to solution

Restart corrected the problem for me! 

0 Kudos
JohnD64

Jump to solution

Me too thanks!

Been bugging me for weeks. 
I had a suspicion that it was a software update!

Maybe such an update can force or suggest a system restart in the future?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.