Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB-IA
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel list skipping- i push the up or down button once and it jumps multiple channels fast

Simple fix - under the settings on ruku min page navigate your way to empty cache... then reset remote and your set.   The problem seems to occurs when they (roku and or pluto) do big updates.  Fills up the onboard cache.  There are better directions on Google for locating the roku cache reset... WHY would you buy a new TV before googling the issue? Ouch... well now you can be doubly frustrated next time?

0 Kudos
Oldit542
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel list skipping- i push the up or down button once and it jumps multiple channels fast

Mine just started channel skipping today. Read through the community and tried batteries, unplugging Roku device and updating. Finally I wiped the dust off the Roku unit and channel skipping went away. Been checking it every few minutes and that appears to have fixed mine.

0 Kudos
JB-IA
Channel Surfer

You need to clear the roku's cache memory.... not rest the roku just the built up files that it no longer uses need to get whipped.  The system is sopost to auto whipe the files, but sucks at it.  Do a Google search on how to wipe the roku cache....then do a rest of your remote control.

Now if you csn figure out how to get Pluto tv to stop dumping my "favorites" I would be super grateful 

Good luck

0 Kudos
Oldit542
Reel Rookie

Just an update - after cleaning the Roku unit it hasn’t skipped channels in over 5 hours. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.