Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFT135
Binge Watcher

Re: Changing preset channel buttons

At 79 (80 next week), I suffered through the days of "workout by channel selection".

Be sure that you organize the placement of your favorite apps so as to require the least amount of button pressing.  I keep YouTube TV in the upper left corner. 

It took some experimenting, but I now have a macro on my programmable remotes that will navigate from any app to YouTube TV.   The unwanted "On Now" or "Recommended" selections that appear at the top of the selection screen made it more difficult, but I've finally programmed around that.  Since all our other most used apps have dedicated IR commands, I have 6 buttons that go directly to those.

Ja12262
Reel Rookie

I always liked the simplicity of the Roku remote, and am actually kind of committed with my Roku TCL television. Just find it kind of chintzy of them to make them so static. Programmable remotes are about the same price as the Roku ones but seem to have more bang for the buck...did not want to go that route but if more buttons start to become useless, I might have to.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Ja12262 wrote:

I always liked the simplicity of the Roku remote, and am actually kind of committed with my Roku TCL television. Just find it kind of chintzy of them to make them so static. Programmable remotes are about the same price as the Roku ones but seem to have more bang for the buck...did not want to go that route but if more buttons start to become useless, I might have to.

Again, Roku is paid for those button placements. By contract they cannot allow them to be altered. Roku does offer a remote with a programmable button, but the static buttons still remain. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.