Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TG45

Changing from lowercase to caps using roku remote

How do I change from lowercase to CAPS using Roku remote.  I don't see any shift key arrows on the remote or on the onscreen keyboard.  Using the * symbol doesn't work either.

10 REPLIES 10
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Changing from lowercase to caps using roku remote

Hi @TG45

Thanks for the inquiry.

On the onscreen keyboard, you will see an arrow pointing upwards. Just click on that then you'll be able to switch to lowercase and uppercase. 

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Some channels do not use the default Roku virtual keyboards, but instead use virtual keyboards of their own design, presumably for consistency among their app versions running on various platforms.

Some may use a change case control that looks like an arrow, some may use a control that toggles between "ABC" and "abc" when pressed,  some may use a control that shows "Aa", or something similar.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Cbtb

No arrow or Aa on tv screen to change from lower to upper case

AvsGunnar

@Cbtb 

Can you post a screenshot of the screen's keyboard?  Use the little camera (photos) icon in your response form to upload photos/post screenshot.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

How to shift to caps on spectrum login on roku tv

0 Kudos
renojim

@4898, I don't know if Spectrum uses the standard onscreen Roku keyboard, but try pressing the * button on your remote or look for a key on the keyboard that just has an upward pointing arrow and select that.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Craftimax
Reel Rookie

My keyboard does not have an arrow.  How do I get caps??????

renojim

@Craftimax, is this in Spectrum?  I seem to recall someone saying something like, "hover over the letter and the capital letter appears above it" or something like that.  I have no idea what that means, but if it's Spectrum you're speaking of maybe it will mean something to you.  Otherwise, can you post a picture of what's on your screen?  Use the little camera icon above to post a picture.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kfung

All you need to do is select the letter you want capitalized, arrow up on the letter (using the arrows on the remote) and it will select it in capital form.