Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sprunghornet078
Reel Rookie

Can't find a tv code for my LG tv

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't find a tv code for my LG tv

Jump to solution

Hello! @Sprunghornet078,

Thank you for posting on the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding setting up the Roku remote for TV control. We are delighted to help.

Some Roku voice remotes incorporate both wireless and infrared (IR) technologies letting you seamlessly control your Roku streaming device along with aspects of your TV. You can set up the TV controls during the initial setup and activation of your Roku device, or you can wait and do it at any time from the Settings menu. For help starting that process, visit the detailed article about setting up your voice remote to control your TV.

To have your Roku device try additional remote codes, restart the TV controls setup process for your voice remote and alter the steps as follows:

1. When you first hear the music stop and are asked “Did the music stop playing?”, do not answer the question. Instead, turn volume back up with your TV remote until the music is audible again.
  2. Now, answer the question with No and your Roku device will move on to try the next remote code.
  3. The next time you hear the music stop, answer the question with Yes and your voice remote will be programmed with the new code.
  4. In rare cases, you may need to repeat this process, answering No to multiple codes before you find a code that controls both power and volume.

For more detailed information, please check it here: Why is my Roku voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Sprunghornet078,

Thank you for posting on the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding setting up the Roku remote for TV control. We are delighted to help.

Some Roku voice remotes incorporate both wireless and infrared (IR) technologies letting you seamlessly control your Roku streaming device along with aspects of your TV. You can set up the TV controls during the initial setup and activation of your Roku device, or you can wait and do it at any time from the Settings menu. For help starting that process, visit the detailed article about setting up your voice remote to control your TV.

To have your Roku device try additional remote codes, restart the TV controls setup process for your voice remote and alter the steps as follows:

1. When you first hear the music stop and are asked “Did the music stop playing?”, do not answer the question. Instead, turn volume back up with your TV remote until the music is audible again.
  2. Now, answer the question with No and your Roku device will move on to try the next remote code.
  3. The next time you hear the music stop, answer the question with Yes and your voice remote will be programmed with the new code.
  4. In rare cases, you may need to repeat this process, answering No to multiple codes before you find a code that controls both power and volume.

For more detailed information, please check it here: Why is my Roku voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sprunghornet078
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The problem is none of the TV codes turn the music off

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try Vizio, Goldstar, and Hisense tv codes.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sprunghornet078
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried all of them and it is still not working

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sprunghornet078,

Thanks for the updates,

Please try to go to the settings on your TV and make sure  CEC is enabled. Then Go to the Settings menu on your Roku player and redo the TV controls setup for your remote

Enabling CEC and ARC is different for every TV brand. Some have separate settings for each, while others combine the features into one setting that turns ARC and CEC on or off at the same time. When looking through your TV's menus for these features, understand that manufacturers may not refer to them by name, but rather as part of a branded trade name.

LG (SIMPLINK)

• Note: SIMPLINK must be enabled using the CEC steps before you can enable ARC
  • CEC steps:
    1. Hold Settings on your LG remote for 5 seconds to open the Settings menu
    2. Select All Settings from the bottom right corner of your display
    3. Select General from the left menu
    4. Select SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC)
    5. Set SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) to On, and confirm
    ARC steps:
    1. Perform LG CEC steps 1 and 2
    2. Select Sound from the left menu
    3. Select Sound Out
    4. Select Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)
    5. Set Digital Sound Out to Auto

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sprunghornet078
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

my tv does not have an option for Simplink

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Sprunghornet078 

Do you have an actual IR remote controlling your tv now? Are there anything in the way to block an IR signal from reaching your tv? Do you have some type of repeater system in place so you can control devices from another room? It could be bombarding your tv sensor with IR junk signals prevent an IR remote signal from the Roku remote from reaching your tv? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.