Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doodlejack
Level 7

CEC AVR receiver volume/power control issues

I had previously attempted to get help with this issue but I realize now that I misstated the problem so here goes…

I have an LG OLED65B8PUA tv, Denon AVR5400BT receiver and Roku Ultra.  The HDMI out from the receiver goes to a TV HDMI in just for the video.  The ROKU plugs directly into the receiver, not the tv.

I had been using the Roku remote which turned on/off the tv and receiver and controlled volume with no issues.  After an update to the Roku a few months ago, the volume stopped working.  I misstated that this was a ARC issue but after doing more research, realized it is an CEC issue. 

I just tried a factory reset to the Roku and TV, unplugged everything and set up each component one by one.  I got everything to work with the Roku remote just as it had before when but I turn everything off and then back on, the problem comes back.  This definitely has to be a settings issue with the Roku.  Yes, CEC is turned on for all devices.  I tried the IR menu from the secret Roku menu but am I sure of the exact steps to take there. 

I feel like I’m so close to getting this to work now that over ruled out settings on the tv/receiver, cables, etc.

Any help is highly appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos