Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barry8
Binge Watcher

Re: Brand new voice controller failing

Found the right way to get to the remote reset. Have done so and will know in the next day or two. Thanks

0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

Passing on my concerns is great, if your customer service team ever got back to anyone.  My remote started working normally again, and has for well over a month, but today the same problem returned.  I need a replacement remote.  Please advise the procedure for getting this defective product replaced.

0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

Replace my remote, Roku.  It's clearly defective.  I've been dealing with this for more than 2 months and there is been virtually ZERO help from anyone at your company.  

How do I know the remote is defective?  Easy, when the TV power and volume/mute buttons don't work, I can take my cell phone camera and look at the emitter of the remote and see that it's not transmitting anything.  When they are working, then it's easy to see with the cell phone camera that it is working.   Replace my defective remote.

0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

My original post was on 10-21-2022.  It's now 1-8-2023, and there is still zero solution offered by Roku.  They haven't even bothered to contact me and they NEVER answer chat requests.  

REPLACE MY FAULTY REMOTE, ROKU!

0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

Another day, and another failure by Roku "customer service" to do anything.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sandman333

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation and I currently do have any updates to provide at time. Rest assured that once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

It's been 2 1/2 months.  This is ridiculous.  Others have been complaining about these same problems with your remotes for YEARS.  Clearly Roku doesn't care.  Once they have your money, all meaningful communication stops.  Perhaps it's time for your customers to initiate a class-action to get Roku to finally do something?

0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

SURPRISE!!!  Another week has gone by and there is NO SOLUTION, and not even any communication from Roku.  Another day with no answer to the customer support chat request.  

0 Kudos