Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura2406

Batteries on Voice Remote drain every 3 to 4 days

I am having the same issue. I see many posts were made back in 2021 and 2022 about this problem as well. Is there a support number or a way to get  a replacement? Our remotes are just over 1 year old. Out of the 4 we have, this is the only one which has started draining batteries!  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Batteries on Voice Remote drain every 3 to 4 days

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Laura2406!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. 

Although Roku remotes are meant to last a long time, there are a few things that can cause them to run out of juice more quickly:

•  The Wi-Fi network surrounding the device is congested; this is because most remotes use radio frequency (RF) to connect to Roku players, and frequent reconnection drains battery life.
  • Watching a lot of short-form videos on platforms like YouTube, where a streamer may touch several hundred buttons in a single hour.
  •  Excessive use of the remote's private listening feature (Roku voice remote pro); utilizing the mobile app will preserve battery life!

In this instance, kindly send us a PM here together with the serial number of the device your remote is connected to. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eig

I have the same problem with all 4 of my Roku 4K voice remotes. I am constantly changing batteries weekly. None of the scenarios described in the previous reply fit my situation. Does the Roku company plan to offer any solution for this problem? If a newer version of the remote has been developed that does not eat batteries I would like 4 replacements!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Eig,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since it was draining the batteries. We're happy to assist you further. Please be advised that if the Roku remote is not properly paired to the TV, it will drain the batteries in a few days. Open the battery compartment to locate the pairing button. Press and hold the pairing button for five (5) seconds or until the pairing light starts flashing. If the light does not flash, try again.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos