Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarac

Another remote controlling my Roku?

I was watching a show on Peacock when it randomly paused when I wasn’t touching the remote, then fast forwarded, then exited out of the app. I switched to another app and the same type of thing happened. I went to the Home Screen and turned off the tv, when I turned it back on it was on Netflix. The app on my phone isn’t open, nothing is on my remote. It was even happening while I held the remote and not pressing any buttons. Aside from a ghost in the machine, any ideas what might be going on/how to stop it

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Another remote controlling my Roku?

Always helpful to post the model, software version and build number. Most Roku remotes use WiFi direct and from the sounds of it, you have a neighbor who owns one too. I'd suggest you install WiFi Analyzer for Andriod on your phone or if Apple, something similar. Once installed, it will show nearby WiFi users and the channel numbers they use on both 2.4/5 gHz bands..I'd hunt for the one that's closest, and then log into your router and change the channel number..hopefully you know how to do it

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.