Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidSch
Reel Rookie

All Remotes stopped working

Jump to solution

Yesterday afternoon all 4 of my roku devices stopped working with my remotes. I've tried re-pairing and they will not pair on any of the 4 devices. I can't find a way to contact support so I'm at a loss. The remote on my phone works but that is not an acceptable long term solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: All Remotes stopped working

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidSch

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For starters, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided in this Support link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, could you reply here with the model and serial numbers of the affected Roku devices? They can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza 

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidSch

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For starters, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided in this Support link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, could you reply here with the model and serial numbers of the affected Roku devices? They can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza 

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gardner849

Jump to solution

I’m having same problem my remote stopped working and my other Roku remotes won’t work and also the Roku app remote won’t work.. with original remote it makes the clicking remote sound on tv but nothing moves on screen and red light constantly flashes .. any idea ?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gardner849, a red light flashing is usually because the device is overheating or the power supply is inadequate.  If you're not using the supplied power adapter, use it.  Otherwise unplug everything for 15 minutes or so and then reconnect it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DavidSch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried all the steps in the document and nothing works on any of the 4 devices. I have to guess a software update did this as all 4 stopped at the same time. I guess if I can't find a solution I'll have to move to some other streaming device.

Jump to solution

I am having same problem. Remote just recently stopped working. Tried all suggestions on your remote troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DavidSch @morgansusie

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.