Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeeBoo

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

-Remote Model: RC691
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-cr
-Yes, my remote controlled the Tv before. It stopped working suddenly two days ago. I bought this roku 4 months ago. 
-Tv model/make: Samsung J500 ( UN43J5000BFXZA)
-There is no AVR connected.

VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku hasn't a clue 

my tv is not recognized any longer since May 2021

I tried a new Roku device it did not work ! 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@VAR 

Try or borrow a cell phone with hotspot, turn it on and link your roku to it. Now go try reprogramming your tv:

settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in USE> program tv> follow prompts

After you can go back to using the house internet. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Adamusprime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This did not work or make any difference in performance. I have figured out how to manipulate the remote programming to gain the mute and volume function, but I still do not have the ability to control the on/off function.

Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please share the mute and volume hack!!

0 Kudos
Adamusprime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There is typically 10 or so. The music stops on 4 of them (mute), but it is the last one that mutes and controls the volume for me. Keep in mind you have to unmute to test which channels at least mute, and then you have to go into each individual channel that mutes it to test which one actually controls the volume too.

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Having to jump through hoops for a product that we paid for just doesn’t work for me.

either Roku ‘ s suppliers screwed up or their IT Dept did

As much as I like Roku I will replace my devices as they go down

and if your tv is a newer smart tv you can load most everything could could want to watch

Roku is not taking responsibility for what they did

Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I tried jumping through the hoops. The music never stops. 

Dano601
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This issue is still alive and active. I have 3 units this is now affecting. EVERTHING mentioned here has been tried numerous times with no luck. This extremely irritating being this has been an ongoing issue for well over a year now. Enough is enough roku fix the dam problem. Off to a new streaming device. 

phlyle11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has gone on way too long without a fix from the support staff.  My Amazon Fire Stick works great, so long Roku!