Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue regarding remote battery drain on Streaming Stick+ (3810).

We have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred. 

Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
dontcallmeshirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue regarding remote battery drain on Streaming Stick+ (3810).

We have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred. 

Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Thanks,
Danny

Wow, this is an unexpected surprise. Will report back how it goes...hope it works.

0 Kudos
dontcallmeshirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny,

What is the new firmware version for this so we can verify that we have gotten the update?

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Danny, Tell us what the new remote version number is supposed to be so we can verify that the System Restart successfully upgraded our remote to that new version.

0 Kudos
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Poor Roku Support

Jump to solution

My Roku Streaming Stick+ keeps running the batteries down in a week or so and I have gone back and forth with Roku warranty support. After  a dozen emails, they are still "reviewing the matter". Is there a way to get decent support and a replacement? Do they have a support telephone number or online chat? Can anyone recommend a Roku alternative? Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Elohcin89
Reel Rookie

Update on dying batteries

Jump to solution

I’ve had to disable the microphone feature on my Streaming Stick+ remote as the only means to keep the batteries from dying once a week. I chatted with support and they just say someone will email me when a solution is found. Now they’re offering a rechargeable remote.... anyone successfully found a solution or assistance from support? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the follow up. To verify that you are have latest firmware, your remote version should be rtn.4092.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi, Danny,

I performed the reset as you described, and the new firmware version showed up as rtn.4090, not rtn.4092. Is there something I need to do other than just perform the System Restart?

pennsy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, same here. One unit reads rtn.4090 and another reads 2.01.19.108. after restart.

Rs87277
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After the restart mine is also not 4092?