Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable voice remote feature

Is there a way to disable the voice feature on the remote? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 21

Re: Disable voice remote feature

I've never seen any menu setting for controlling the voice function. But if you don't press the mic button it's not listening. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding atc98092. I went into Settings and it said it was listening. I attempted to find an on/off toggle, but I couldn’t find one. Maybe it’s not actually listening until I hit the mic button on the remote? 

0 Kudos
Level 21

I was always under the impression that the mic button has to be pressed for anything to happen. I don't think it's like an Amazon Echo device that always has a hot mic. If someone knows otherwise, I'd love to hear about it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos