Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glen2

2nd party universal remote and Stick+

Jump to solution

I have a Sofabaton U1 univeral remote control with IR blaster and Bluetooth. The Bluetooth will not pair with the Stick+. (It will pair with the Firestick) When I go to the Roku Bluetooth pairing screen, and put the remote in pairing mode, the Roku will not find it.

I'm trying to get rid of all the remote controls so I only have one to control everything. How can I get the Sofabaton to work with the Stick+. I would hate to switch to the Firestick just because of a remote control. I'm tired of using 6 remote controls when I could use just one.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2nd party universal remote and Stick+

Jump to solution

Its not working and never will because the Stick+ doesn't use Bluetooth, its remote is Wifi-direct, a completely different kind of RF then Bluetooth. Sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Its not working and never will because the Stick+ doesn't use Bluetooth, its remote is Wifi-direct, a completely different kind of RF then Bluetooth. Sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Spats

Jump to solution

... I believe that even the Roku devices that do support bluetooth won't pair with Bluetooth remotes either. Mine doesnt. It will only pair with Roku brand Bluetooth devices. (One of the reasons I moved on from Roku) 

0 Kudos
Spats

Jump to solution

I believe that even the Roku devices that do support bluetooth won't pair with Bluetooth remotes either. Mine doesnt. It will only pair with Roku brand Bluetooth devices. (One of the reasons I moved on from Roku) 

0 Kudos
Rob1261

Jump to solution

The SofaBaton remote uses IR, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.   It also cost $170 on Amazon as of 08/23.  

0 Kudos