Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynda63
Channel Surfer

Re: HDCP error on Roku Express 3930

hi

when i say i tried everything,it means i have tried everything the company had on the issue

so your last link doesn't do anything,reseting only works for a few days...

the last update makes roku express obsolete,really not cool,you should look into it

its been less then a year since i bought it,can i have a refund

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lynda63

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass the information along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lynda63
Channel Surfer

i wrote it all in my first message has it was asked,

but here it is ..

model-3930ca-roku express

i.d.-s0143068trtp

os-10.0.0-edition 4209-ae

0 Kudos
Shaun_Fielding
Channel Surfer

Anybody received any of the fabled follow up messages after posting their serial numbers? 

Still standing by my decision to run over the Roku with the car 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lynda63

Thanks for the details.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lynda63
Channel Surfer

i still didnt had a answer from anyone at roku

and now they are saying they are going to close the ticket 

im i talking with bots or ?

this is taking too much time

0 Kudos
TK414
Channel Surfer

I made my first post in May and still don't have a resolution.

I've figured out my own ways to get the thing to work (FOR NOW) but I agree, every reply has been formulaic so not even sure there are real humans on the other side of these posts and emails.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble, but from my own experience I'd suggest making sure they *don't* close the ticket because for me the problem came and went and I got so frustrated I stopped using the thing for months and then a few weeks back I turned it on again and - what do you know - same **bleep** error message. 

If ANYONE has had a successful resolution, I'd appreciate hearing from you!

0 Kudos
TK414
Channel Surfer

See my reply to @Lynda63 below. Boilerplate messages; NO RESOLUTION.

0 Kudos
Lynda63
Channel Surfer

waiting for the follow up of the support team ...

been 2 weeks...

0 Kudos
Pb124
Channel Surfer

Same here...  I'm using the workaround (mentioned in previous posts) by plugging the Roku into mains power rather than using the USB connection but I think it's really poor customer service that Roku has not responded about this issue.

Like so many people have said it started in May after Roku's update and has been persisting since.   All I see through this thread is  @RokuDanny-R   suggesting the same 'See this article...' (which as everyone has said doesn't work/only works for that one time and has to be repeated every time Roku is used) or 'please give us the details of your device and we'll pass it onto the support team'... Man Frustrated

It's really frustrating.  And it seems there's no other way of contacting Roku about this...unless anyone else knows how? 

0 Kudos