Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdpurdy59

Re: HDCP Errors after trying every fix

For four months, Roku and my 10 year old LG television have been playing very well together, even though the LG HDMI does not support HDCP 2.2.  Since the latest OS update on 05/14/2021, I have been getting the HDCP Error screen every time I turn on Roku and try to access a channel. Following the on-screen instructions to resolve this seems to work until the next time Roku is turned on.  But, it is ridiculous to have to unplug and replug the Roku and TV every time I want to watch it.  Since it worked fine before there must be a fix or patch.  Here is the information you are asking for:

Roku device model          3931RW – Roku Express+
Serial number     X00400EGMFPM
Device ID     S01230AGMFPM

Software OS/Version     10.0.0 build 4200-AE

Tracking ID     PM-219-130

This error occurs on different channels.  I have had it happen when accessing Netflix, YouTube, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Hulu and others.  Our Roku received an update a few days ago that I hoped would solve the problem, but it did not.  Will there be a patch for this soon?

0 Kudos
TK414
Channel Surfer

Re: HDCP error code 020

Thank you Danny. Much of this thread is woefully over my head but I was able to a) plug Roku directly into html port of tv and get it to work and b) following advice previously posted in this thread by Makaiguy always return to home before shutting off seems to have re-set such that the original configuration (with the signal switch device or whatever it is called that allows me to toggle between cable and Roku) is now (fingers crossed) working fine. Appreciate the followup.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP Errors after trying every fix

@rdpurdy59

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lindarud1

I have done everything, and sill get "HDCP " this is not a new setup, it has been working 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @Lindarud1.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are receiving an error message of "HDCP Error".

Could you please provide us with more specific information about the troubleshooting you've done so we can assist you further with the next steps?

In regards to the HDCP error, have you followed these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?

1. On both your Roku player and TV, AVR, or soundbar, unplug each end of the HDMI cable.
  2. Power off your TV, AVR, or soundbar, and unplug its power cord.
  3. Remove the power cord from your Roku player.
  4. Reconnect both ends of the HDMI cable, making sure each connector is attached firmly and securely.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to your TV, AVR, or soundbar, and your Roku player and wait for both devices to power on (you may also need to press the power button on your TV, AVR, or soundbar remote).
  6. Try viewing the content again.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen? | Official Roku Suppor...

If you are still having any issues after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issues.  I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions but continue to error message. Please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kristin0204

Thanks for the post.

Please see @MaryFranco's previous post and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bill19

I have been having the same problem the last couple weeks Error code 020. I couldn't get it to reset and tried a day or so later and didn't get a code at all. Now today it is back. Did all the unplugging and didn't work. Called the number on the YouTube video and says it is disconnected. The model #3930X  SN#S0082072JYHF

0 Kudos
Shaun_Fielding
Channel Surfer

Roku Express worked perfectly for 12 months until May. Since then HDCP error 020 errors have driven me nuts. Tried all the troubleshooting steps and have wasted hours to no avail.

Help before this goes in the bin

Model Roku Express 3930EU

Serial X00400SMTDKC (S01029DMTDKC)

Software 10.0.0 build 4205-AE

Tracker ID KC-233-129

Pb124
Channel Surfer

Same here…never had any problems with my 3930EU Roku Express until the May update and now I constantly get the HDCP error even with the latest update! I’ve found the quickest way around this is just to restart-easier than disconnecting everything each time. Please sort this out Roku!! Thank you! 

0 Kudos