Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jmaybe
Level 7

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

My youtube freezes then returns to ROKU bootup screen.  The ISSUE ID is 8A-049-958.  Thanks Adam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
barbshriner
Level 7

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Roku 3 4200 series. It doesn't matter which site I am using they will all randomly just send me back to the home screen. Or it says I haven't touched my remote in quite a while and will send me back to then home screen. Isn't there any way to stop this from happening??? Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@barbshriner Thanks for the note. Have you disabled the 'Bandwidth saver' feature for your device? When enabled, this feature wills top playback after a number of hours if no input is received from the user to confirm that they are still watching. You can disable this in Settings>Network>Bandwidth saver 

Some channels also have their own version of this functionality, that may prompt a user to confirm if they are still watching after a period of time in order to continue playing content. If the issue is only occurring in a specific channel(s), I might recommend checking with any channel provider directly as well to see if they have any additional options for you. 

Please keep us posted from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
mel82178
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

Thank you so much for the bandwidth tip! I sleep with my tv on and my Roku just started returning to the home screen in the last week or so. I’ve been trying to figure out what changed, as the CBS All Access app never timed out on its own before and the sound turning off was waking me up. I finally saw the “remote hasn’t been used” message and found your post using that search. I’m so glad I found this thread!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kmont04257
Level 7

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Is anyone else STILL having this problem? I have tried every suggestion (restarted it through the system and by unplugging it, uninstalling and reinstalling all apps, etc). When will this be fixed? I am so frustrated and just want to be done with roku. This started after the last software update. I tried going back to the previous software version and of course, it wouldn’t let me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GABnet
Level 8

Jump to solution

It won't be fixed until they admit they have a problem.  Mine has been with 2 Ultras I have that problem after using their Media Player and a great deal of my apps won't log in and then go back to the main screen.  I then have to restart to make things work.   I have complained about this incessantly and they have yet to fix it.  I have a Roku 4, an express and a TCL that all work fine.   Come on Roku, fix these problems.  It's you not us.

0 Kudos