Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Episodes on Netflix randomly starting with no volume - Only resolves when I exit and restart episode

When I'm using Netflix, every few episodes (3-5) when I'm watching on autoplay (which of course is most of the time), the episode will start with no volume at all. Waiting a few minutes does not change it. It only gets fixed when I exit the episode and restart it, which works every time. Obviously I don't want to have to do this indefinitely. Any help appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
DreDay1975
Reel Rookie

Re: Episodes on Netflix randomly starting with no volume - Only resolves when I exit and restart epi

I am having this same problem.  I can’t see how restarting it can be an acceptable solution, but it’s the only solution I have found while researching. 

0 Kudos
FinnLock
Reel Rookie

Re: Episodes on Netflix randomly starting with no volume - Only resolves when I exit and restart epi

Ours has been doing the same thing since we got it. We keep hoping a system update will fix it but it never does. I can’t find any solutions anywhere 😞

0 Kudos
DreDay1975
Reel Rookie

Which Roku do you use? 

0 Kudos
FinnLock
Reel Rookie

Express HD (model 3930x)

0 Kudos
Dazed81

We are having the same thing happen, all shows, all four a ROKU devices. I can restart the episode OR Rewind it to the start and it will start with sound, but when auto playing the “next episode” it doesn’t work. Help!

0 Kudos
Cdvlimay

This just started happening to me too.  Did anyone ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Episodes on Netflix randomly starting with no volume - Only resolves when I exit and restart ...

Hi @Cdvlimay,

Thanks for getting in contact.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach their support team here: 
https://help.netflix.com/en 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos

I have same issue, I fast forward a second or two and hit play and it works for me. Only started happening when I switched to roku stick 

0 Kudos