Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiannerod

wifi is not showing up on the roku

Our internet is not showing up on our roku I have restart it and reset it and nothing I'm need to know what can I do to get it set up again 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: wifi is not showing up on the roku

You probably need to check your internet connection on your Roku device, via Settings > System > About, and see if your internet connection is weak or not.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Shiannerod 

What is your Roku model number (Settings/System/About), your ISP (internet service provider), and your router model number?

----

Some things to try generally without knowing the above specifics...

1. Restart both your Router and your Roku device.

2. From the Roku device, try resetting the network connection. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection

3. Try to connect to mobile hotspot if available to you. (preferably 2.4ghz band on hotspot).  If your Roku device sees hotspot, then indicates network setting likely culprit and Roku device network hardware is working.

4. Access your Router's admin settings and try using below recommended settings, especially the mode and channel settings to eliminate incompatible settings/changed settings.

2.4 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n (Mixed Mode)
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 1 and 11 (preferably 1, 6 , or 11). Try changing and using different channels. Roku cannot see or use 12,13,14.

5.0 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to N/AC
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz or 20/40 mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 36-48 (low frequency band) or 149-161 (high frequency band). Roku cannot see or use channels 52-140 (DFS Channels) which an Auto Setting may be choosing. If your router allows you to Disable DFS Channels, then an Auto Setting may be used after successful troubleshooting.

Restart both your Router and Roku devices(s) after making the above changes.

5. Factory Reset device.  Press and hold Reset button for 30+ seconds. (However, not suggested to do this when experiencing network or wifi issues as an initial troubleshooting step.  Also, make sure you have a working physical Roku remote before proceeding with a factory reset.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Are you saying your local wifi network does not show up at all when you try to establish a network connection?

Some recent router updates from a number of internet providers have turned off the router's use of the 2.4 GHz band in favor of the 5 GHz band.   Some Roku models, notably Roku Express/Express+ (not the relatively new Express 4K/4K+ models 3940/3941) and Premiere/Premiere+ (model numbers above 4620), are lower end units with single band Wi-Fi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band. They, and many other devices of all sorts that are 2.4 GHz only, can't even see the 5 GHz band, let alone connect to it. If you have 2.4 GHz only Roku model and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on as suggested above by @AvsGunnar.,

@AvsGunnarhas also provided the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X