Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite and Roku Express

We just installed Rogers Ignite and now I can't connect our Roku Express to the internet. It connects to our wi-fi network but apparently can't find or connect to the internet. I've read a few scattered articles suggesting that ROKU is incompatible with Rogers Ignite. Anyone out there with similar experience?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
AlfonsoBaus
Reel Rookie

Re: Rogers Ignite and Roku Express

Yes same issue here, and I contacted Roku technical support and they haven't answered back, it's the only device in my network that won't work properly so clearly is something wrong with their device. I'm quite disappointed with the tech support they've given me so far.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Does your wireless network support -- and is transmitting on -- 2.4 GHz?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AlfonsoBaus
Reel Rookie

Yup, I forced the modem to show both (5G and 2.4G) separately just in case that was the issue but nada, it connects to the network and as soon as you go to an app it loses connection. Even my 3 year old fire stick works like a charm.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AlfonsoBaus

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlfonsoBaus
Reel Rookie

Hey Danny unfortunately I tried all of what you are suggesting and it didn't work like I mentioned before any other device in the house works flawlessly, I already tried to get some solutions talking through email with a coworker of yours CS/CR Oscar Elizondo and he mentioned in his supposed fix that devices in canada are having trouble with b networks, funny thing is that my modem doesn't even have b mode, only g and n, and by default it is transmitting in g and n, so obviously his fix didn't work, and adding to this problem everyone at roku's support takes forever to answer me 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AlfonsoBaus

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that there may be a delay in response time from our Support team during this period. Please be patient as our Support team is doing their best to reach out to every customer that is experiencing an issue.
If you are already in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlfonsoBaus
Reel Rookie

I already sold my device anyhow, waste of money and time. Better off buying an Amazon fire stick.

0 Kudos
SylviaM

I just had the same problem. All of a sudden Rogers has taken over two the Ignite remote’s inputs for streaming sports.

This is what worked for me.

1. Switch to your TV remote

2. Click the Source button until you hit the input that your ROKU is plugged into. Mine is HDMI2

3. Then you will see the ROKU Home Screen. 

It looks like Rogers had put some kind of block on the inputs so they can provide their own streaming content. To go back to Rogers content use the Ignite remote click Rogers. 

0 Kudos
KoolBreeze
Reel Rookie

Same here can't figure it out I don't even get a connect on the wifi. Any know why yet?

0 Kudos