Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

I have had my ROKU Stick for a year and a half.  I've never had any problem with connection to WI-FI or internet.  SUDDENLY it tells me I am not connected to Internet.  I've done everything (several times) I was instructed to do but it still will not connect.  I called my Internet provider and nothing has change on their end.  The TV,  Router, and ROKU stick are in the same place.  Any ideas at all?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

I am not sure if the roku stick works like the Express but i was able to get my roku Express to connect back to the wifi again by doing a factory rest.

Press the 

Home x5

Fast forward x3

Rewind x2

Should take you to s screen where you can choose factory reset. Hopefully this works for you🤞

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Factory reset is a last resort because you'll have to start all over from scratch to set it up again, as though it had just come out of the box.

This has worked for me to fix wifi problems - try it before resorting to a factory reset.

• Restart your router (yeah, I know everything else connects okay, try it anyway).
  • When router comes back up, restart your Roku, Settings > System > Restart system
  • When Roku comes back up, Settings > Network > Set up connection

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am not sure if the roku stick works like the Express but i was able to get my roku Express to connect back to the wifi again by doing a factory rest.

Press the 

Home x5

Fast forward x3

Rewind x2

Should take you to s screen where you can choose factory reset. Hopefully this works for you🤞

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Factory reset is a last resort because you'll have to start all over from scratch to set it up again, as though it had just come out of the box.

This has worked for me to fix wifi problems - try it before resorting to a factory reset.

• Restart your router (yeah, I know everything else connects okay, try it anyway).
  • When router comes back up, restart your Roku, Settings > System > Restart system
  • When Roku comes back up, Settings > Network > Set up connection

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestion.  Although I tried that once, I decided to do so again. This time it worked.  Don't know why it didn't the first time but I'm glad it did this time.  Without your encouragement to do so, I might not have tired again.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestion.  I had already tried that and it didn't work.  However, just prior to your suggestion and comment, another person suggested the same thing so I decided to try it again. This time it worked.  I appreciate your trying to help me.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you but I'm afraid this did not work for me.  I appreciate your trying to help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestion.  I had restarted my router prior to my question but it didn't work.  However, with your suggestion, I decided to do so again.  It worked this time and I am quite pleased. Without your prompting me, I might not have tried it again.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. This worked for me. I was having the same problem, restarted tv, router and modem several times. All other devices on network were connected, just not the tv. I think your step #2 of restarting the Roku system, which I wasn’t doing, did the trick!!! Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It will not connect to Wi-Fi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not Connected to the internet reset numerous times internet is working find on other devices there definitely something wrong with the unit you can reach me at rless@roadrunner.com or 716 860 3688 

0 Kudos