Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dlill1996
Reel Rookie

Smart Bulbs Turn Off on their own

I installed the smart Bulbs for my front porch and driveway amd only have them set up on a routine to turn on at 730pm and off at 730 am through Alexa. However the lights are turning off in the middle of the night for no reason. I don't have any timers or rules set up in the Smart Home app so not sure what's going on or if I'll have to replace with a new brand.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Bulbs Turn Off on their own

Hi @Dlill1996,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We understand you are having a problem with your Roku smart home bulb since it turns off by itself. We're happy to help. Please try to check if the vacation mode is turned off. Vacation mode is designed to make it look like you are home when away by randomly turning your smart lights and plugs on and off. Turn vacation mode off to test if this is causing the unexpected behavior.

If a setting does not explain the behavior, determine if it happens with any of your other smart home devices. If only some devices are affected, try moving them closer to your Wi-Fi router. If all your smart home devices are affected, network instability or power fluctuations are typically to blame. Try testing to a different location, to help rule out your network and power.

You can also check out this support article here on what to do if your Roku Smart Home device does not power on or there is another power-related issue.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dlill1996
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response John. It's all 4 bulbs that are powering off in the middle of the night. I don't have vacation mode or any other rules set, just the Alexa routine. 

The bulbs are outside and at the front of the house whereas the router is in the living room near the back of the house. Do you think I need to add a wifi extender to the network to help get stronger signal to the bulbs?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the additional information, @Dlill1996!

We would like to investigate further with this issue that you have with the Roku smart home bulb since it turns off by itself. Can you please provide the following information?

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Is there a power outage in the area you reside in?

By utilizing a WiFi extender, you can ensure that your security camera has the strongest signal possible and increase the range of your home WiFi network. Another benefit of utilizing a WiFi extender with a security camera is the ability to lessen interference from other wireless devices.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.