Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmartHome

Setting Smart bulb colors on multiple bulbs

Jump to solution

Hello, I like to change the color of a set of paired Smart Bulbs based upon the season or holiday. If I want to use custom colors like orange for Halloween or red for Valentines day I can get them close but they are not exactly the same.

When I set up the rules I can see there is a color selection set to 0xff5a00. How do I set the exact same color on multiple smart bulbs?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Setting Smart bulb colors on multiple bulbs

Jump to solution

Hi there @SmartHome,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to assist you in setting up your Roku Smart Bulbs. You mentioned that you want to use the same color for all of your Roku Smart Bulbs.

We highly suggest that you create a lighting device group through the Roku Smart Home app and adjust these settings for all lights in the group at once.

To create a group. Simply launch the Roku Smart Home mobile app for iOS® and Android and use the steps below to create a device group from the Home screen.

1. Tap the + sign 

from the navigation bar
  2. Select Add Device Group
  3. Select the type of group to create
  4. Enter a group name
  5. Check the box next to each device you wish to add
  6. Tap Done when finished

After you create a device group, individual member devices no longer appear on the Home screen and are only accessible from the group page. Once you select a device from the group page, you can adjust settings and control the device the same as you could before it was added to the group.

Check out the FAQs below for more additional information and complete steps:

We hope this information is helpful to you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Setting Smart bulb colors on multiple bulbs

Jump to solution

Hi there @SmartHome,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to assist you in setting up your Roku Smart Bulbs. You mentioned that you want to use the same color for all of your Roku Smart Bulbs.

We highly suggest that you create a lighting device group through the Roku Smart Home app and adjust these settings for all lights in the group at once.

To create a group. Simply launch the Roku Smart Home mobile app for iOS® and Android and use the steps below to create a device group from the Home screen.

1. Tap the + sign 

from the navigation bar
  2. Select Add Device Group
  3. Select the type of group to create
  4. Enter a group name
  5. Check the box next to each device you wish to add
  6. Tap Done when finished

After you create a device group, individual member devices no longer appear on the Home screen and are only accessible from the group page. Once you select a device from the group page, you can adjust settings and control the device the same as you could before it was added to the group.

Check out the FAQs below for more additional information and complete steps:

We hope this information is helpful to you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.