Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrh0
Channel Surfer

My Remote Pro key "1" turns on Smart Plug, "2" is off. Can one button toggle on/off?

I've tried a number of verbal commands to setup buttons 1 & 2, trying to get only one button to toggle the Roku Smart Plug on and off.  But it seems to get confused if I try anything more complicated than "turn smart plug on."  Is there a verbal command I can issue that will turn smart plug on if it is currently off, and off if it is currently on? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Remote Pro key "1" turns on Smart Plug, "2" is off. Can one button toggle on/off?

Hi @jrh0,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having trouble setting up the personal shortcut buttons on your Roku voice remote pro. For more information on setting up this feature on your Roku remote, kindly refer to our support article at this link: How to create a personal shortcut button on your Roku voice remote

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jrh0
Channel Surfer

Re: My Remote Pro key "1" turns on Smart Plug, "2" is off. Can one button toggle

The link does does not address my issue.  I'm not having any trouble in general setting up the personal shortcut buttons on my Roku voice remote pro.  After all, I successfully setup button 1 with a voice command to turn on the Roku Smart Plug, and button 2 to turn it off.  I just wondered if there is a voice command to toggle the Smart Plug - to ON if OFF and if already ON to OFF.  I want to press button 1 to turn the Smart Plug ON, and press button 1 again to turn Smart Plug OFF.  That way, I can use button 2 for another function. I'm looking for a voice command to save to Button 1 that will toggle the Smart Plug.  "Turn on Smart Plug" works great.  But "Toggle Smart Plug" doesn't.

Is there a voice command I can save to button 1 that will toggle the Smart Plug?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Remote Pro key "1" turns on Smart Plug, "2" is off. Can one button toggle

Hi @jrh0,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Kindly be advised that each personal shortcut button accords to one function only. That means setting up a personal shortcut button for turning the Smart Plug "ON" or "OFF" is dedicated to that single function only.

If you have further inquiries, please don't hesitate to post here in the Roku Community.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.