Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hopsngrains
Reel Rookie

Cutting Smart LED light strips

Jump to solution

I bought the Roku Smart Light strip SE LED's as Roku says they can be trimmed. The impression I got is that I could use various lengths of the strip for several pieces of art I want to illuminate. Roku also says, "Any trimmed portion cannot be used and should be discarded". Does this mean I'd need a separate controller for each piece of art, since cutting the led strip is said to render the end of the cut part unusable? I don't have any applications that are 16 feet long, so it would seem like a waste. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cutting Smart LED light strips

Jump to solution

Hi @Hopsngrains,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about the Roku Smart Light Strip SE. Please be advised that when you unroll the strips, you’ll see they have markers that indicate where you can trim them to fit your space. Just keep in mind that the pieces you trim off will not work if you stick them somewhere else, as they’re no longer connected to the controller. You’ll have to start over with a new strip. You can also check here for the details.

We hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cutting Smart LED light strips

Jump to solution

Hi @Hopsngrains,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about the Roku Smart Light Strip SE. Please be advised that when you unroll the strips, you’ll see they have markers that indicate where you can trim them to fit your space. Just keep in mind that the pieces you trim off will not work if you stick them somewhere else, as they’re no longer connected to the controller. You’ll have to start over with a new strip. You can also check here for the details.

We hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.