Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ_42
Binge Watcher

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Another +1 with this problem which is well described above.  For me this started happening on my 9102R Streambar after the 4/19 update to 13.0.0 build 24028 when using YoutubeTV version 2.23 build 115025068.

All recordings prior to 4/19 do not have this problem, nor does every recording since. Problem recordings each have a specific (and different) spot where fast forward works up to consistently, but past that point can not be played on my 9102R. On one recording that point was 15min into the show, another recording was 10 min in.  

Problem is unique to YouTubeTV on my StreaBar(and sound bar for others according to above) and does not happen on my Ultra, Express+, or Streaming stick (or FireTV)

0 Kudos
stevebus
Channel Surfer

This is my first thread to participate in for Roku (because it generally works great!)…   Do any of the Roku devs, or anyone else who can log and fix bugs, hang out here?  Is there a better way to log this problem?  It’s pretty much making my streambar unusable.

0 Kudos
AJ_42
Binge Watcher

@stevebus - Yup, the moderators will do some triage and determine what to forward to Roku, etc.  I've had previous problems solved because of this forum and that is why others have come here to post.   The more +1 replies we get on the post, the quicker this problem will get looked at.

AJ_42
Binge Watcher

Some bad workarounds for this problem.

If you have a problem recording and want to see the end of your recording here are some things you can do, none of these are great.

1. Open the YoutubeTV app on your phone.  Go to the same problem recording on your phone and rewind before the problem spot (the beginning seems to always work).  Watch a few seconds then exit out of the recording so the progress bar gets moved to your new (earlier) location in the recording.

2a. Restart the YoutubeTV app on your roku (Press Home button and start again).  Select your problem recording and watch it without fast forwarding.  If you don't do step 1 first then the recording will not be able to be played because the progress bar is past the troublesome point and isn't properly remembered when you try to move it earlier.  Doing this is on your phone (or a different non-streambar roku is needed).

2b. If your phone is an Apple device, you can watch the problem recording on your phone and use "screen sharing" of Airplay to watch on TV.   NOTE this is not done by using the cast icon in the YoutubeTV app on the phone, you must use the screen share icon via the control panel.  If you try to cast using the icon in the  YoutubeTV app then this problem remains and fast forwarding will remain broken, if you use screen sharing then you can fast forward and rewind on the phone and this will show properly (but with poorer video quality) on your TV.

stevebus
Channel Surfer

Thanks…  happy to know I wasn’t just speaking into the void!

0 Kudos
Spongo

Having the same problem with my streambar. Other Roku TV's and devices works fine. Definitely a streambar issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're experiencing. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ted274
Channel Surfer

the original poster summed it up perfectly. I have a streambar pro, and I'm experiencing this issue which started up about a week ago.  it makes watching YouTubeTV very difficult without a working "fast forward" I checked, did the power on off, and I have all the updates. all info your requested is here, I'm hoping you can escalate... this is really annoying, as this latest Youtube Roku update finally fixed the last issue with Youtube TV and Streambar Pro where the home screen was freezing and artifacting. hoping you can fix this.

2024-04-28 09.15.00.jpg2024-04-28 09.16.05.jpg2024-04-28 09.17.19.jpg

0 Kudos
HIDave1
Channel Surfer

• 9102R Roku Streambar
  • S/N YL008N360337
  • Software version 13.00 build 24028-95
  • Happens only on YouTube TV version 2.23 build 115025068
  • I'm not clear on the "Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times," The first time I press the Home button I'm returned to the Home screen. I did it a couple of times with the same (anticipated) result so I must be failing to understand something here.
  • Take a look at my original post for the troubleshooting I've done, especially the painful part where I did a factory reset... See subsequent post for the "have you rebooted the router" questions. 
HIDave1
Channel Surfer

I wasn't aware that the artifacting got fixed! That's great! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.