Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay99
Channel Surfer

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Hi all, I posted a solution this morning but maybe it just went to email instead of the forum.  I reinstalled my Roku stick to control the TV.  I plugged the optical cable into the streambar and TV.  I plugged in power cord for streambar.  I turned off the TV speakers using the TV remote.  Now you have sound from the streambar but you can’t control volume so I plugged an HDMI cable into streambar and TV.  Now the Roku remote works for audio also.  So far no buffering on YouTubeTV or any other channel! Hope this works for you.

0 Kudos
Jay99
Channel Surfer

Sorry, when I restarted the TV I lost the streambar connection.  Not sure why yet. I’m working on it.

0 Kudos
Golflady19
Reel Rookie

To Chia.  I have a 9101X Smart Soundbar Serial #YL00FC605913.  Software Version 13.0.0 - build 24028-95.  Device ID R6509F605913.  My YouTube TV Version is 2.23 - build 115025068 & it is up to date.

Again...this problem only happens with the Soundbar...not with other Roku devices I have in my home.  

I have tried every possible solution to no avail.  The only thing that works for me is to log on to YouTube TV app directly from my Samsung smart TV.  I left the soundbar plugged in to the ARC port.  I then have NO problem at all fast forwarding through commercials on recorded shows (using the Samsung remote).  Sound still comes from the soundbar & volume is controlled by that remote.  So it is definitely a Roku soundbar issue...not a YouTube TV issue (or the problem would occur everywhere).  As this has been ongoing for 3 weeks now I find it hard to believe no one at Roku can fix it.  There are certainly enough complaints!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Golflady19,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We have passed the additional information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Also, thanks for the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, could you help us by sending us the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)?

Please keep us posted with the remaining details that we need.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
misto23
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response. The following are the replies to the requested information:

Roku device model: 9102R - Roku Streambar

Serial number: YL006A571677

Device ID: 2A1186571677

Software version: 13.0.0, build 24042-95

Channel: YouTube

Channel version: Version 2.23, build 115025170

Issue tracker ID: 77-176-873

Troubleshooting steps taken: 1) cleared Streambar cache, 2) uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube channel, 3) uninstalled YouTube channel, unplugged Roku Streambar for five minutes, reconnected power to the Streambar, and reinstalled YouTube channel, 4) swore at YouTube and Streambar, and then posted here

Simba65
Reel Rookie

Same exact problem. When can we expect a software update to correct the issue? 

0 Kudos
Simba65
Reel Rookie

9101R2 Roku Streambar Pro

Serial: YL0032259116

software version: 13.0.0 build 24042-95

device: 3K6293259116

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @misto23,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate you providing all the requested information and apologize for the inconvenience.
We'll send this over to the team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon, and we appreciate your patience with us.

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Simba65,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for providing us with the information on your device. Please note that we have passed your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

In the meantime, could you help us by sending us the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)?

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ngbasch
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. Can we expect a fix soon?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.