Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelstel

Can't Activate Roku Express

Jump to solution

I've followed all the steps, but once I log-in to Roku the website just keeps trying to load. I see others with similar issues. I've tried the link and the QR code with the same results. Can't get past activation. Also while logged in, when I try to choose "My Account" on the website, the site starts glitching/looping. Help, please.

dave-leo
Channel Surfer

Re: Activation issue/ loading website

Jump to solution

I looked on reddit and go this

Per Reddit :  I work at Roku, we are seeing this problem, and it's being looked at urgently. 

torokornot
Reel Rookie

Re: Any solution for the Activation issue??

Jump to solution

i bought a new Roku Ultra from amazon which was delivered today. 

Having the same problem with the activation page, it keeps on resetting/refreshing which is frustrating.

eppyeppertime
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation help linking my TV to my roku account

Jump to solution

I restarted the Roku device and tried again and it's working now.

0 Kudos
Onntv24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

this doens't work for me 😞

0 Kudos
Onntv24
Binge Watcher

Can't get past Roku account email activation page for Onn Roku TV

Jump to solution

My brother gifted me a Onn 24" Roku TV but because he didn't wipe his info, I went ahead and did a factory reset (hard reset in the advanced settings section). From here, I'm able to complete the page where it asks for language, region, and even wifi network. It then checks for software updates, and then it asks for an email address. This where the problem persists. I enter my email address and wait for the email to pop up on my phone. I click on the "activate account" link on my email, and this is where it begins to do an infinite boot loop on the "my.roku.com/signin" page. It just keeps refreshing the page over and over again and never full loads. I've even tried using the QR code sign in instead of email and it's the same thing. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's on Roku's end. And yes, I have tried unplugging and even tried factory resetting multiple times. This is driving me insane, someone please help me! 

0 Kudos
Onntv24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

can you elaborate on how exactly you fixed it or what the issue was?

0 Kudos

Activation issue once I put in email…

Jump to solution

Trying to activate my Roku box. I’ve had this box for a while and when I put my email in it activate it through email the home screen won’t update.. anyone else having this issue? 

eppyeppertime
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well the website sign-in page stopped constantly reloading but none of the links in my account page do anything except reload the existing account page, and my device still won’t finish connecting.  It must be a global issue related to maintenance or something because I did a factory reset and went through all of this a third time and the sign-in reload glitch is gone but the account page is essentially a dud.

eppyeppertime
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't get past Roku account email activation page for Onn Roku TV

Jump to solution

I’m going to try again in a few hours and will let you know if I get any further.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.