Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzblues1
Binge Watcher

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

That's because it's not a ROKU TV and you aren't using a ROKU stick in it. You're using LG's proprietary way to access your "Smart TV" channels and apps.

The problem is only Xfinity Streaming app accessed thru ROKU. 

0 Kudos
Tbeer46
Reel Rookie

I disagree. I'm using a Roku Smart TV voice is out of sync 4-5 time per hour! 

0 Kudos
Tbeer46
Reel Rookie

I'm also experiencing this problem ONLY with the Xfinity app. I followed all suggestions to resolve issue. To no avail. The only fix I've found is the same. Back out of show, re-choose on guide. Problem temporarily resolved. It happens on all ROKU devices and Roku TV's. My main TV is 50" Sharp Roku TV Hardware:7202x Software version:12.0.0 + build 4182-38 Serial number:YN00DK980896. All devices are up to date I have a ROKU Device and another ROKU TV having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

I have a Hisense RokuTV and it did not seem to have the audio distortion issue back in October 2022.  However, it started experiencing the audio/video synchronization issue in the spring 2023 with recent Roku OS and Stream app update to 6.12.  I consider the audio fluctuation and audio/video synchronization issues to be two different issues but both just as annoying......

JimmyO

0 Kudos
Tommied
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

One would think by now founder and CEO of Roku, Anthony Wood would have jumped in. Roku is a publicly traded company with the CEO worth more than 1.9 Billion according to Forbes, With shareholders, clients and a Board of Directors to answer to. As his sixth company Roku which means "six" in Japanese, you would not think such issues would NOT be allowed to escalate to this level . Been a Roku fan for a long time, this is Very Disappointing !

0 Kudos
Tbeer46
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

I'm getting an Amazon fire stick to see if the issue still exists. If it doesn't, I know it's a Roku issue. If it does then I can surmise it's an Xfinity app issue.

We'll see 

0 Kudos
Tbeer46
Reel Rookie

I'm having the issue on all 3 devices. 2 are Roku TVs. (Sharp and ONN) My 3rd is a Roku adapter. I'm getting an Amazon fire stick to see if that solves the issue. If not, it could be an issue with the Xfinity app. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding audio issues with the Xfinity channel on your Roku devices.

For us to investigate and work with the channel provider regarding this issue, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Xfinity channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

The station I watch most is Fox News and the audio frequently gets out of sync when accessing it via the Xfinity line up - very frustrating.

Today I loaded the Fox News app on my Roku TV and it does not have any problems yet after 5 hours.

Tommied
Channel Surfer

Thanks Kash, 

If you look back over the threads about 50 plus have done this already. Sadly most are out of patience and understanding. There buying your competitors products, that work. 

Thanks