Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adpwl1
Binge Watcher

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

@Chainsaw49, what more frustrating is having invested in TV's that use RokuOS as their platform.  I hate the thought of having to stick another streaming OS into my RokuOS TV's just to solve a problem that Roku seems to not care to communicate what their plan is to solve the issue.  My whole investment in RokuTV's was to make the viewing experience easier for my wife to navigate the streaming apps.  It might be easier to just rent the set top boxes from Xfinity, that way I could also get true Dolby Surround on the channels that have it.

0 Kudos
Chainsaw49
Channel Surfer

That is another solution -  I have an Xfinity box on my main entertainment TV and have no issues with it. I am not a big fan of Xfinity though and my two year deal is up pretty soon. I may be switching to FUBO.

0 Kudos
GaJoe
Channel Surfer

Yea I'm headed to YouTube TV when my Xfinity deals are over later this year.

0 Kudos
mzblues1
Binge Watcher

Kinda defeats the purpose of Streaming, NOT to have to pay $8.95 per Xfinity Cable box at each TV, just because Roku can't fix a problem, which I would guess to be a simple one, if the priority existed on their end.

I too bought a few Smart "Roku TV's" (that are not as Smart as they used to be). Also if having to spend the money changing to a competitor's stick to plug into my existing Smart Roku TV's is my only solution, I should have just kept my old (Dumb TV's) that I could have used to do the same...

Seems like the best solution (till they fix it) is to just exit the streaming app, and go back in (until the next commercial break...)!🤬

0 Kudos
Ibcp11

I’ve head this problem for months now and neither Roku or Xfinity appear to have done anything about it.  I went out today and purchased a FireTV stick 4k and have hooked it up and have had no problems and expect none.  I’ll continue to use it and, as I expect, if there aren’t any issues I’ll go out and buy more FireTV sticks for my other TV’s and stop using my Roku’s.  You’ve got a problem Roku and need to fix it if you don’t want everyone to stop using or buying Roku’s to use with Xfinity.

0 Kudos
ravensrku
Binge Watcher

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

I bought a Fire Stick to use instead of my Roku Ultra too and haven't had any issues. I miss being able to take the audio with me around the house via the mobile App and prefer the Roku interface but this works.

On Roku the audio was going out of sync more frequently and after exiting and resetting it so often I'd end up stuck on an ethereal pale purple screen and have to exit to home to get out of that.

In the past week the audio and video started dropping for 1-2 seconds 4-6 times per hour, not only in the Xfinity Stream App but in other Apps I was watching to get around the sync issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding audio sync with the Xfinity channel on your Roku device. 

Please be aware that we are still currently investigating this issue with the channel partner and once more information is available we will be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tommied
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary, same issue here. Only with Xfinity Stream app w/Roku on TCL tv, happens allot,  Especially happens on NBC Sports Bay Area "Live Games". Announcer says Home Run prior to the ball being hit and some times video speeds up like trying to catch up.

Model: J104X - Roku TV

Serial number: Z0210033KNGK (SOMJH323KNGK)

Software 12.0.0 - Build 4184-DK

GC ver. 9.3.516

Timestamp: 2023-06-28T01:21:33Z

Please Use ID-GK-256-401 to repeat the current issue

0 Kudos
jmsessa

This is exactly my issue. Two different Roku devices, two different tv sets, same sync problem on Xfinity app. Backup, change station, return, re-sync occurs. Tried every suggestion given by Roku support; nothing works. Not a problem on Fire tv.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tommied

Thanks for the post!

We want to acknowledge and appreciate you for providing the information. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue, and our appropriate Roku team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured, once more information is available, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos