Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Hello @f2bme @gk802 

Thanks for the posting in the Roku Community regarding the Xfinity channel not working after updating to the latest OS 12.0.

We appreciate you providing us with the information we have requested. We have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arundel
Channel Surfer

The Xfinity ap on my Roku device worked perfectly the past year. The audio sync issues just starting happening over the past month. What did Roku or Xfinity change?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Arundel,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a sound out-of-sync issue with the Xfinity channel. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details posted in my previous post so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team. 

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
TVhead100
Channel Surfer

Xfinity Stream Audio/Video Synch Issues

For the last several weeks I've been experience a high level of audio/video sync issues with the Xfinity Stream app. I shared this on the appropriate Xfinity Community Forum, and the official response was "this is actually a known issue on Roku's end, that they are working on a fix for". Do you recognize your responsibility to resolve this issue, and if so, what is your ETA? This may cause me to replace my 3 Roku devices with an alternative device that does NOT experience this issue on an ongoing basis.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity Stream Audio/Video Synch Issues

In all honesty, the Xfinity stream app is one of the worst, though Peacock isn't much better.. I have a Roku Ultra 4800R with 200 mpbs wired connection and it still sucks. I doubt the problem lies with the Roku

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
TVhead100
Channel Surfer

Re: Xfinity Stream Audio/Video Synch Issues

I'd like to see somebody take ownership of the issue, and drive it to resolution with the extensive technical resources of both Xfinity and Roku. I really don't care who leads.

GaJoe
Channel Surfer

This is an Xfinity app issue and occurs on other streaming devices. There are tons of blogs about it and Xfinity doesn't seem to worried about getting it fixed. Other channels/apps on Roku are perfect and stay synq'd. As soon as I'm out of my current deal with Xfinity I'm moving to another service.

ravensrku
Binge Watcher

Thanks for investigating the Xfinity sound out-of-sync issue. It’s difficult & frustrating to watch when the audio is out of sync so frequently. I used to be able to hit the back button then resume to force a resync but that’s not always working or only for short periods. (5-15 min.)

Both Digital Output Format and Preferred Streaming Format are set to "Auto". No change when set to Stereo.

No software updates available. Software OS/version 12.0.0 (build 4181-C2)

Roku device model 4800X - Roku Ultra

sn: X01000XT6F7J, device ID S02A20DT6F7J

GC Version 9.1.120

ID 7J-181-636

Happens on all channels l watch in Xfinity Stream App, Version 6.11: build 0

Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Choose xfinitystream App via shortcut button on remote/Live TV/Favorite Channels

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ravensrku,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. 

Rest assured that I have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GaJoe,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Xfinity Stream channel.

if you are still experiencing an issue with the Xfinity Stream channel, the sound is out of sync. Please help us with the required details from my previous post so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos