Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjdatc34
Reel Rookie

Re: Search results for all tv shows and movies saying “currently unavailable”

Jump to solution

Very thankful I found this post. I'm having the exact same issue. Certainly very frustrating.  Hoping for a fix very soon.

Model and software version are the exact same as everyone else.

Roku, please fix!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this, and we'll be glad to assist. Please be advised that if you have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region, it's possible that the channels in your region are not available. In that case, it may indicate that your Roku device is linked to an account created in a different region, where the channel provider may not offer that channel. You'll also need to ensure you use an internet connection in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting here or by checking with your Internet service provider.

We'd also like to know more about it so we can further assist you.

• When did this issue occur?
  • Are you connected to a VPN network?
  • Where are you currently located?
  • Where did you create your Roku account?

In the meantime, you can try to restart your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it fixes the issue. If the issue persists, you can try creating a new Roku account in your region or performing a factory reset on your Roku device. You can link your Roku device with the old account (if you activated it in your region) or create a new account (if you activated it in a different region).

We hope this helps. Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dacin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure we tried that before, but will give it a try when we next get a chance (am currently 2 hours away from it; it is at an elderly resident's house, and they are visiting us this weekend anyway). HOWEVER, there are two brand new Rokus in place at the location. Both are using the same account, US-based, in the same house so connected via the same IP address/provider in the US. One works (3941X2) fine. The other (3942RA2) is failing. I don't see how the account or the region has anything to do with this. The only thing different between the one that works and the one failing is the Roku device itself. Has anyone at Roku tested a 3942RA2 device with the same software?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @dacin.

We'll let our team know about these additional details. As of now, this is still undergoing an investigation; rest assured, we'll update the thread once we have information to relay from the team.

We sincerely appreciate your patience in dealing with this concern.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dacin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK , @Julilaw  brings up an interesting point. We are both using the Remote 'Pro' (with the '1' and '2' custom buttons). I wonder if the 'OK' button on that one is sending a slightly different OK infrared signal that the Roku device is interpreting differently? If I were at the location in question (won't be for months), I would probably try pairing a non-Pro remote to the device to see what happens.

0 Kudos
jgreenfi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of users having this identical issue.  Same firmware and 4K+.  Other Rokus on my account at the same location work fine.  This one is a bit frustrating to say the least…

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jgreenfi,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your for letting us know about your experience with this behavior. In addition, to this please also share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

We look forward to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jgreenfi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

While I appreciate the reply all you would need to do is to see the previous posts regarding this issue from all the other users in this thread.  It’s identical in nature … Same model, same software version, same issue when searching that it shows the same results as currently unavailable.  

Obviously this is a VERY common problem…

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@jgreenfi,

Thanks for your prompt response!

We understand, and we agree with you. To help our team learn more about this, we'll provide that information as an additional update on these issues.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Max71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing with me.  Just replaced my old Roku remote with Roku Express 4K.  Search worked fine with the old one.  I left the old remote as a device and just added the new one for the same TV.

Model: 3942RA2 - Roku Express 4K

Serial Number: X02200PPH0KA

Software version: 12.5.0  .  build 4178-E4

Device ID: S14YK37PH0KA

0 Kudos