Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[SOLVED] Roku Activation and Adding Channels

Jump to solution

Update 5pm PST

We believe the issue is now resolved. Thanks for your pat.

Previous message
We are aware of an issue affecting some Roku services and are working quickly to restore them. If you're seeing an issue activating a new device or adding new channels, please try again later. You do not need to contact customer support. We'll update this message once services have been restored, and we apologize for the inconvenience! 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Installing Channels freezes on setup

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

From the Roku Community, greetings and thanks for the updates!

We believe that this problem has been resolved, but if you continue to experience difficulties, do let us know, and we will be happy to assist.

Happy Streaming!

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Papadon

Jump to solution

My new out of the box Roku TV is doing the same. Stuck on “updating channels” for more than 2 hour. 

HELP

0 Kudos
Jmacken80

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with the 2 new tvs I just bought. 

0 Kudos
empire47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here. My Westinghouse Roku tv is one week old and was working fine, then when trying to open certain apps, or open channel properties for any app, it told me it was not connected to the internet even though I verified that it was. Tried resetting the network connection, that didn't help so I did a factory reset from the Roku system menu, started the setup again and now it just spins on the Updating channels screen. My other Roku devices are working fine. Not a happy camper.

0 Kudos
Noderoc

Jump to solution

Same here… brand new Ultra. Stuck on updating channels.

0 Kudos
empire47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine just magically started working, I wonder if there was an issue at Roku? I was able to complete the setup but am still having intermittent issues with Channel properties telling me its not connected to the internet. It took me a couple of tries to get the Prime app installed but that one still won't start. Never had these kind of issues before, strange.

0 Kudos
empire47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged the tv for about 10 minutes and went into my Roku account and removed the tv from my account. Plugged in the tv and restarted the setup and it worked., I don't think the chicken and black candle had anything to do with it, but you never know.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would like to inform you that the issue you were facing has been resolved. However, if you are still experiencing any difficulties or if you feel that the problem has not been completely resolved, please do not hesitate to let us know. Additionally, please remember that you can always seek assistance here at Roku Support whenever you need it.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

From the Roku Community, greetings and thanks for the updates!

We believe that this problem has been resolved, but if you continue to experience difficulties, do let us know, and we will be happy to assist.

Happy Streaming!

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Smccabe81

Re: [RESOLVED] Roku Activation and Adding Channels

Jump to solution

Mine still isn’t working. It keeps saying email cannot be reached. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.