Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LRTV
Reel Rookie

Re: Issues with Close Caption Out of Sync

Jump to solution

This is happening on tv in living room not one in bedroom. Seems to only be Hulu at this time. Have least expensive Hulu option 

0 Kudos
LRTV
Reel Rookie

Re: Captions on Hulu are out of sync

Jump to solution

Me too. Just Hulu. Tried all your suggestions, didn’t help

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users!

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. If the troubleshooting steps do not work and the issue continues, we suggest reporting it directly to the channel support team for further assistance. Most of the channels on Roku are handled and managed directly by the channel providers themselves.

You can contact them here directly at the Hulu Help Center.

If you have contacted the team and the issue is not resolved, please report back and share the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Is this happening on both Live TV and on-demand shows?

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deo2012
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am also having issues watching Hulu through Roku with subtitles. Have restarted the router. I've reinstalled the app. I've restarted all devices. It only happens on Hulu and it only happens through Roku. In my case, the subtitles are way ahead of what's actually happening on the screen. Please help.

Deo2012
Channel Surfer

Hulu Subtitles out of sync

Jump to solution

Subtitles are out of sync when watching Hulu on all television shows and movies through multiple different Roku stream bars and devices in different rooms. I've tried all troubleshooting suggestions, cleared cache, reinstalled cycled power, restarted router, nothing works. It only happens through the Roku, not on my mobile. 

Deo2012
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu Subtitles out of sync

Jump to solution

After speaking with roku's support and getting into settings and click the manual restart device option, it fixed the subtitles but only for one episode. It seems you have to go through this process every time you start a new movie or episode

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've tried everything and nothing. Way out of sync.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

15 to 20 minutes behind in some cases

0 Kudos
Deo2012
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Go into the settings on the Roku device and check for an update. After that go to settings, system and restart system. 

0 Kudos
SanePerson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You know, I was a first-time Roku poster yesterday when I added my voice to those who are experiencing this maddening delay in the close captioning of Hulu content. Since then, I’ve received — no joke — hundreds of notifications that others have posted to report the same phenomenon.

Listen, I know this issue doesn’t concern the fate of the free world (which happens to hang in the balance over the next few months), but how much complaining does it take for someone at Roku or Hulu to actually notice and take action? Something is broken — get on it, folks! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.