Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddinSD
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu channel closed captions is out of sync

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this issue as of June 4. I followed the directions to remove the app, reboot the system, and reinstall the app. The problem was fixed until the first commercial break and then recurred. This is a problem for Hulu only and only on Roku. No other channels on Roku have this problem and Hulu works fine on iOS, Apple TV, and Fire TV. 

Quimby
Channel Surfer

Re: Captions on Hulu are out of sync

Jump to solution

PLEASE fix this!! Some of us can’t watch without CC. There’s no point in a Hulu subscription if we can’t use with cc. 

Quimby
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Only happening with Hulu

0 Kudos
Quimby
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You cannot get anyone through the Hulu link you gave for cust serv. No phone and no chat. No person. This has not worked for days and only through Roku and only with Hulu. Does Roku need to fix this? 

0 Kudos
ToddinSD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've discovered a temporary workaround until this problem is permanently resolved. I've discovered that I can mirror the Hulu app from my iPhone to the Roku and the close captions work fine. I can also put the phone to sleep while mirroring the video and control the video with my regular Roku remote control.

0 Kudos
Leslie92

Jump to solution

It does not help. I’m very frustrated. 

0 Kudos
bearcatsrule
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is now fixed! I didn't do anything except stay out of Hulu for a couple days, lol, and now the captions are synced even after commercial breaks.

Not sure what happened, or how long it will stay that way, but thank you!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We believe the issue has been resolved. Please try again and inform us if it has also been resolved on your respective Roku streaming players.

Thanks for your assistance and patience!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
habrown

Jump to solution

Both the Rookie and One Tree Hill are extremely out of sync

ToddinSD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue appears to be fixed on my end. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if anything changes.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.