Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PCB3rd
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Will not Connect to Network after being Turned off

Jump to solution

While I do not think we will get a positive result from this, here's the info requested 

TCL MODEL:  50S423

Hardware ID: 7130X

Software version: 13.0.0 build 24062-30

ISP: Spectrum

Router: TP LINK MUSH SYSTEM

0 Kudos
Arielisoki

My Hisense tv won’t connect even though I have g

Jump to solution

So honestly I did not think that I was gonna make a post because I thought for some reason it would some how get fixed but anyways, my tv won’t connect to the internet at all like I have no idea what happens one day I checked it and it said disconnected and I was confused because my internet didn’t go out but whatever I didn’t know what to do I tried resetting the WiFi the tv even factory reset it didn’t work so I un plugged it so it worked however it keeps happening so I unplug it and reset the WiFi however this time it doesn’t work at all I’ve tried resetting the WiFi my tv even unplugged it and even unplugged my WiFi I don’t know what to do at this point I’ve keep searching about it online but I never really saw anything like my case especially on the error codes it would always be 0.14 30 but mine is a 0.14 10 

0 Kudos
williasp
Channel Surfer

Phillips Roku TV disconnects and refuses to connect

Jump to solution

I was intrigued by the Factory Reset solution proposed by another poster since it seemed to solve his connect problem.  I previously tried my own workaround by plugging in an old Roku stick into the HDMI port of my Phillips Roku TV, then setting the TV to go to the HDMI port when it powers on.  That workaround gave me a working TV since that particular Roku stick never had a connection problem in the past.  However, it seemed ridiculous to plug a Roku stick into a Roku TV.

So yesterday (Sat, July 6), out of curiosity, I did a factory reset of the Phillips Roku TV, connected it to wifi and logged into my Roku account.  Setup was easy peasy, just like the first time I did this when I first installed the TV. 

My TP-Link Deco X68 mesh system has three networks: (1) the main mesh network (currently includes both 2.4G and 5G); (2) guest network (currently set to 2.4G); and (3) IOT network (also currently set to 2.4G).  Based on a prior suggestion from a Roku tech support person several months ago, I connected the TV to the IOT network to make sure the TV only saw 2.4G.  At the moment, nothing else is connected to that IOT network.

It's only been one day so no valid conclusions can be reached.  However, I turned the TV on three times today with several hours in between.  It connected each time.  That's promising, but there's no telling what will happen tomorrow or the next day.  I'll give it a week or two and report back.

Clearly, there is some sort of bug that causes Roku TV's to disconnect and fail to reconnect to wifi.  Hopefully, the Roku people can find the bug and fix it - permanently.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.