Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

@Eksands wrote:

Model 3810RW ROKU Streaming Stick

Serial # YH00C219421

Software Version 12.0.0 build 4184.50

stopped rolling with System Reset

will see how long this lasts 

(rolls on every app and channel guide)

Thanks! We believe for some devices this is fixed after a restart, but if it happens again, nab us a tracker ID, and post it here, and let us know that you've already restarted your device. We appreciate you reporting this!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
sanbjohn

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

I followed the instructions to reset the remote, and want to subscribe to this thread.  Cannot find the “subscribe” button.

Actually, after resetting the remote, I was scrolling on the Roku settings page and now my remote is frozen.

Will unplug the Roku unit, wait a bit and plug it in again… 

0 Kudos

roku remote keeps scrolling and won't stop - new batteries and it's random

roku remote keeps scrolling and won't stop - new batteries, and it's random!  Sometimes it works, but more often than not, it's consistently not working and unresponsive. 

0 Kudos
davidhenman
Reel Rookie

remote jumps all over the place

my issue is that when i try to use the remote, it jumps all over the place. it will go way past the channel i'm trying to engage, and way past the letters i'm trying to click on when doing a search. and now, when trying to contact tech support, i get a message telling me that my devices don't qualify. is this normal?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku remote keeps scrolling and won't stop - new batteries and it's random

@PrincesMommy, try restarting your Roku device (System restart) from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power, as appropriate.  If the remote is so bad that you can't navigate the menus, pull the power for a few seconds and plug it back in to get it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
daisy7

Re: When I push the arrow button, it skips more than once. Is my remote going bad?

I also had this problem only in the Pluto app. Restarted my Roku and immediately went back to Pluto. Working normally now.

0 Kudos
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

Re: Roku remotes both skipping multiple channels FIX WORKED

I'm one of those Roku users that manually checks for updates every day since sometimes the automatic updates take a few days.  Roku has not pushed out a fix for skipping remotes.  Remote skipping started about two weeks ago on my older Ultra that is rarely used so tried changing batteries in the remote but Spectrum, tubi, Roku Channel and Hulu apps were skipping multiple tiles at a time so had to jump back and forth repeatedly to select a show or channel.  Home screen would jump two at a time so I finally used those shortcut buttons on the remote to get to an app but once inside skipping and scrolling made it almost impossible to select a show, channel or episode.  Problem started last week on TCL Roku Series 6 TV and on TCL Roku Series 5 TV then my brother said it was happening on our sister's ONN Roku TV in Flrodia.  Tried the instructions to go to Settings/System/Software Update then after it completes choose System Restart.  On some models System Restart is inside Power.  Worked on 3 of 3 Roku so far!  I hope this is a permanent fix until Roku figures out which one of ther updates caused this systemwide problem.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

There is only one cure for this condition 

throw the **bleep** remote out the window and buy an Apple fire stick because Roku has so many problems that if you ever do solve this one there will be two more next week. BTW Roku did you ever fix the sending you back to the Home Screen problem ? 

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Re: When I push the arrow button, it skips more than once. Is my remote going bad?

No it’s not going bad. It’s been bad since you bought it

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Re: remote jumps all over the place

It’s not normal for any other streaming sticks. Roku has so many problems it would take a year to describe them. Just do a Google search. For the past month it would take you back to the home page all the time. Now it’s the remote skipping. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.