Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d4d4
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

Thank you! I thought my ROKU had been hacked or corrupted. It started on one device, then weeks later started on another device. Very bizarre! This fix does help temporarily. It does come back. Spooky

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

So it fixes it but then it comes back. 
that’s like adding air to your flat tire every morning fixes the flat tire 

till the next day lol

0 Kudos

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

Mine has been doing this with Acorn for a couple of months.  Restarting and unplugging were no help.  I'm thinking of removing the channel and then adding it back.  Has anyone tried this?

0 Kudos
jo419

This worked for me

0 Kudos
Bob-SF
Reel Rookie

It's been several days, and so far the remote-control-skipping problem has not recurred after I restarted my Roku stick in the Settings/Power menu.

0 Kudos
DaisyDoodle
Reel Rookie

This fixed it!  Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge 

0 Kudos
Nudgers

Worked for me!  Thanks so much!!  Mine had also said it was recently updated but did it again anyway and it’s fixed! 

0 Kudos
GA_Ruby

Thanks so much for the trouble shooting tip. My Roku remote was like a run-away train. lol Fixed it after the first try.

0 Kudos
Bob-SF
Reel Rookie

To be clear, restarting is not the same as updating. Updating loads a new version of the software (which might include bug fixes). Restarting reloads the current version of the software. Two different processes. Also restarting via the Power menu is not the same as a Factory Reset (in the Advanced System Settings menu). A Factory Reset returns the software to its original state when you purchased the device, and it deletes your channels, credit card, and other customized settings.

ElsieAggie
Reel Rookie

Same issue here and my remote is new

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.