Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

Hi @Stormey12,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku 4K devices since they will get hot. We will be delighted to help you. Please check out this support article on what to do if the red light is on or you see a "Your device is overheating" message.

Please let us know if the issue still exists.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ajeske
Channel Surfer

Had exactly the same problem. Press a directional button and the cursor skips through 2-3 selections.

Unplugging the box and plugging it back in solved the issue for me 100%. 

0 Kudos
Amrita
Reel Rookie

Thank you! Restarting the device worked perfectly!

NashJazz

Remote very erratic, works only occasionally

My Roku remote has been acting very erratic lately, only working about one in three days. I know it's not the batteries, as certain buttons work fine (like home screen, Netlix, and maybe one direction, like up). Other days all the buttons work correctly. Often, when it is not working we get pop-up ads on our TV screen letting us know about $30 remote upgrades. This makes me wonder if Roku is somehow controlling our system remotely, hoping we will choose the upgrade. 

Sometimes we can get the remote to function normally be resetting our router or Roku box. We started using our smart phone as a controller, but now that is not working either.

Has anyone had similar issues. Thank you, Ted

0 Kudos
swvagal

Thanks very much.   This solved the issue with skipping.  I've had a Roku unit for many years and never an issue but now it seems this is not an uncommon problem.   

ajeske
Channel Surfer

Same, it was a new problem for me.

But it seems like others have experienced it before, and unplugging was one easy attempt at a fix. Glad it worked for you too!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

It is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and understanding.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

I have been having this issue and nothing I have tried has helped. It also will skip randomly if I hit pause or try to rewind it will just go to the end and not play when I hit play. I've tried replacing batteries and restarting everything but can't figure out how to fix it. It's really frustrating to not be able to click on the shows that I want to.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

@annoyedcustomer wrote:

I have been having this issue and nothing I have tried has helped. It also will skip randomly if I hit pause or try to rewind it will just go to the end and not play when I hit play. I've tried replacing batteries and restarting everything but can't figure out how to fix it. It's really frustrating to not be able to click on the shows that I want to.

HI @annoyedcustomer,

Thanks for letting us know. You've restarted your device and you're still having the same issue? If so, go ahead and get a Tracker ID and post it here, along with the last 2 digits of your Device ID. Thanks 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Eksands

Model 3810RW ROKU Streaming Stick

Serial # YH00C219421

Software Version 12.0.0 build 4184.50

stopped rolling with System Reset

will see how long this lasts 

(rolls on every app and channel guide)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.