Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NFL App not working - "Some went wrong" on policy screen

Jump to solution

I am being charged each month for a NFL $14.99. But I show no subscription on my device or on the app. The phone number on my checking account 1-816-272-8107 which directs me to support.Roku.com.  I have already tried this way but I am not getting any were with this issue. I have been trying to cancel it for months now.  I will soon cancel my card if we can not get this issue resolved another way

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL App Error - How to Resolve "Something Went Wrong" Message

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We’ve received reports from NFL app users experiencing the error message "Something went wrong, please try again or go to id.nfl.com/account" when trying to accept the "Terms of Service, Subscription Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy."

Update: 9/23

To help resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Go to id.nfl.com/account on a computer, phone, or tablet using a browser.
  2. Sign out of the website (if you’re currently signed in), then sign back in.
  3. After signing back in, you should see a prompt to re-consent. Please try this and let us know if it resolves the issue.
  4. If the consent pop-up does not appear, please sign out and sign back in again.
  5. Once consent is accepted on the website, return to your Roku; the pop-up should be gone.
  6. If the pop-up still appears, restart your Roku, reopen the NFL app, and try again.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please keep us updated. We are actively working with our partners at the NFL app to find a solution. Thank you!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trippnwo
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL App Error - How to Resolve "Something Went Wrong" Message

Jump to solution

Got it to load finally. I tried the steps above and it didn’t work. Below is what exactly what I did to get it to work. On a side note…I never received a re-consent popup during this entire process. 

I went to id.nfl.com/account and signed in and signed out and back in. 

I then went to tv app and tried to sign in and it wanted to load but looped back to the Roku home screen when loading “live and upcoming” like it’s been doing for weeks  

So I deleted the app from the tv.  Then cleared the cache on the tv twice (home button 5 times, then up button once, then rewind twice, then fast forward twice…this is the process for my tv model…yours may differ)

I then went back to id.nfl.com/account and signed in.

Then went back to my tv and reinstalled the nfl app.  Opened it up and it loaded up after some tense moments and flashes and spinning circles on the “live and upcoming screen.”

I am currently watching GameDay Final live right now after the WAS/CIN game.

I hope this helps some people out.  This has been extremely frustrating.  I will post throughout the week and especially on Sunday my results of trying to load the app up.  

thank you

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.