Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDF

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

Randomly experiencing garbled or missing characters in on-screen system messages and screen captions. This is occurring with 2 different Roku products on middle-range Sony and Samsung TVs, both of which are less than 2 years old. You can call me at 703-638-4675 to direct me as how to provide any additional information you may need or to perform any guided troubleshooting. All I've done is cylced the TV/Roku power off and on again. Somethimes that clears the issues, most times it does not.

BTW, I paid Roku for this product and its associated service. Roku has not compensated me in any way for my time and effort to perform any techincal troubleshooting or diagnosis of this issue. So I expect Roku to either perform the necessary diagnosis/troubleshooting remotely or talk me through the procedures via phone, not email or directions on a website. Asking the customer to do Roku's job is unacceptable product service. Failure to correct this problem within 7-10 days will assure my return the new Roku Ultra box I just purchased for a third TV installation and my migration to Apple or Google streaming products and services within 15 days.

I'd like to be able to say thank you Roku, but that would be blatantly undeserved and inappropriate with Roku asking its customers to do their job!

Karl Ficenc

704-638-4675 / karl.ficenc@gmail.com

NJ_Steve
Reel Rookie

I've been having the same problem. 

The missing letters appear on individual apps (on my TV) and also on the Roku home screen. 

System restart works for  a few hours to a day, and then the problem returns. 

In some cases, Roku does an automatic restart. 

0 Kudos
DC2023
Reel Rookie

I saw where Roku claimed to have fixed this issue with the latest update. I plugged my Roku stick back in and did a system upgrade. All seemed to be okay, but after day so the issue is back. So Roku didn’t fix the issue. So back to using my Fire stick. 

Sifuas

This started happening to my system.

• Issue ID 21-416-292
0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!
Kindly provide us the details asked by @RokuJohnB above so we can escalate further. Also, please be advised that we have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further for those who have already provided it.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markus4star
Reel Rookie

Hi Eunice -

I would think that with 15 pages of multiple users weighing in here, we're wayyyy beyond just escalating and gathering facts - we need to FIX this issue promptly!

I will echo several other users' frustrations here that if this isn't fixed soon, I'll be forced to abandon what has thus far been a super-stable streaming platform... up until now!  (Resetting constantly doesn't necessarily fix this issue - and being required to do this constantly is irksome to say the least).

In conclusion:  "Please fix ASAP".

thanks,
Markus

PamPow1

Tracker ID 19-420-414

Roku Streambar Device ID ....7619

Missing characters in apps and on Roku home/menu screens.

Issue is temporarily fixed with restart, but starts up again within 24 hours.

Please work on fixing this. Husband is considering a switch to Apple.

FooFoo
Binge Watcher

this has reappeared on my roku while using Hulu. 

20231020_214703.jpg

Chritsang
Reel Rookie

Roku #1.jpgPluto TVPluto TV

This is from Pluto TV although it happens all too frequently with the Roku homepage, Roku Channel, frndly, NBC Sports.  Can we get this fixed already?!  Yes, it does go away with restart, but we shouldn't have to keep doing that.

NJ_Steve
Reel Rookie

I've cancelled my subscription to Discovery + via Roku. Next step is to replace Roku with my Chromecast device. Hard to believe Roku is letting their business die because they cannot fix a technical error. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.