Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FooFoo
Binge Watcher

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

Update to my previous post...

I went back into Hulu and found some missing text on descriptions.   Also had missing text when exiting Hulu. 

20230722_173645.jpg20230722_173537.jpg

Erik7
Reel Rookie

This is also happening to me. I have a Roku Premium+ Very annoying. I have to reboot multiple times a day. I think I'm going to upgrade to a Chromecast 

0 Kudos
FooFoo
Binge Watcher

One more update...

Was watching binging Succession with CC enabled.  While watching the 2nd episode a good half of the CC boxes would be missing text. 

giantsfan1976
Channel Surfer

I’ve had this problem since buying a streambar. I’ve tried to get it replaced (that’s a whole other horror story with Roku)but now after reading through this thread it seems like it’s a software update issue, so replacing it may not even work. So frustrating when it happens 2-3 times a day and have to reboot. Even got a random overheating message yesterday. The streambar was not hot at all. Maybe they’ll run out a new update to fix it, but I won’t hold my breath. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FooFoo,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community! 

We appreciate you for providing us with this information. Rest assured that we passed along your concern to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this Community thread.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.
Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community user, 

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

To those who didn't send their device information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks.

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkinOH
Reel Rookie

I've been experiencing this issue as well. Clearly, it's a wide-spread problem. The Roku team has to be aware of it by this point. Just admit you screwed up with a software update and provide an explanation of how/when you're going to fix it.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MarkinOH,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern regarding missing texts. For us to better assist, could you please provide us with the information requested by @RokuAnjelie mentioned above? Once we receive the information, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We would appreciate your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dave-ec
Reel Rookie

I was having the same problem myself and then was able to fix it, assuming you all have smart tvs? Some folks don't realize that if your power goes off at any point you have to reconnect your TV back to the internet that's what I did to my TV and I have not had this problem for 3 days now whereas before this problem would occur everyday, give it a shot folks!

0 Kudos
MarkinOH
Reel Rookie

Model 4620X - Roku Premiere

Software version 12.0.0 - build 4184-29

0 Kudos