Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ESPN Playback - Connection Errors

Jump to solution

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community, @Gitpikker!

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. Rest assured, we are dedicated to resolving this matter for you.

To expedite the process, please provide the information posted above so that your device can be included in the ongoing investigation of this issue. 

We are looking forward to your prompt response. 

Best regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iplay10us2
Binge Watcher

Re: ESPN App Issues - ESPN 3 connection error on replays (Internet Provider Authentication)

Jump to solution

Not sure why you need the same info over and over from people experiencing this issue. It clearly is something on the Roku end because I can watch ESPN3 On Demand on a laptop. The only problems seems to be with anyone using Roku in any form. Hope you get this fixed quickly.

EricC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey having the same issue the past 3 days, driving us nuts, My Mom is ill and Her and I just wanted to watch tennis from the US Open and now we're missing everything!!.... this is very frustrating. Tried everything, Called xfinity, called ESPN and just go in circles, unplugging modem and TV and plugging back in, logging out of things and back in, checking connection speed, etc. please help! Thankyou

iplay10us2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Only suggestion I have right now is to watch on computer/phone. If you are able to cast from either of those to your TV, it should work.

Not sure why ESPN3 works when watching live, but only fails for "On Demand."

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @EricC,.

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We truly understand that you're also experiencing this issue with ESPN. No worries; we're here to help you in resolving this problem. 

Since this matter is already under investigation, we need additional details to include your device in the review our Roku team is conducting. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Channel Build Version (You can find this by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

This will enable us to determine where the problem is coming from and provide you with the best resolution available.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gitpikker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tcl model: 55S535

hardware ID: A119X

Serial # X00300D4CXK8

Software version: 13.1.4 build 1510-88

Device ID:S05NY0C4CXK8

Again, I had no problems with the ESPN app until two weeks ago. I have tried every solution to no avail. Short replays work which shows there's no internet problems. The network is showing 75mbps with excellent connectivity when I look at the network settings in the System pull down.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for providing the necessary details, @Gitpikker.

We appreciate you keeping us posted and cooperating to resolve this matter as soon as possible. 

Rest assured that we'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team, which is now conducting a thorough review and investigation into this issue. 

We'll update you and the Roku users with the same problem as soon as a resolution has been provided. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iplay10us2
Binge Watcher

Re: ESPN App Issues - ESPN 3 connection error on replays (Internet Provider Authentication)

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
iplay10us2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you have a smart TV, install the ESPN app on it, and then log in with your credentials. This worked for me and looks like the same layout as the app on Roku.

Good luck

0 Kudos
iplay10us2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you have a smart TV, install the ESPN app on it, and then log in with your credentials. This worked for me and looks like the same layout as the app on Roku.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.